PDA

View Full Version : Does a baby grow into liking Megasaucers?

durga8
12-15-2003, 01:58 PM
So I finally bought the Ultrasaucer for DS. He loves to stand and look around, though while in the Ultrasaucer does that for a while, without engaging with the toys or bouncing and then gets bored and wants out. He is 5.5m. I am wondering if he isn't going to like it? I've tried it 4-5 times.

thanks for your responses.
durga8

Jen in Chicago
12-15-2003, 02:36 PM
Now that Jude has perfected all of the toys he does his rounds, then is ready to get out. When he was learning (around 3 mo) I would sit and play the toys with him. Maybe you need to play a bit before he gets more independent in it.

houseof3boys
12-15-2003, 04:51 PM
Yes. Ryan really didn't like it at first and we took off most toys and when he started feeling better in it we added them back. He likes it much more now but he is usually ready to get out after 10 minutes. His favorite thing is bouncing really hard and making the music start with the king and queen.

Take off some of the toys and let him play with them in your lap on on the floor and then just leave the saucer kind of bare bones and see if that helps. Sit down on the floor when he is in the saucer and play with him while in it....that really made a difference for us.

jubilee
12-16-2003, 01:09 AM
My little one has only just in the last month started really liking it, and he's 8 months old. It's not quite the "wonderful" toy that I was hoping it would be, but at least he'll spend about 30-60 minutes in it while I cook dinner each night. I only put him in it for an hour max a day, and he doesn't get too tired of it.

durga8
12-19-2003, 11:51 PM
thanks for all your feedback!
durga8