PDA

View Full Version : New LeapFrog learning videos/DVDs

khakismom
12-16-2003, 06:25 PM
I saw these at Target last nite for $9.99 so I picked up two of them--the Letter Factory and Talking Words. I haven't been able to try them out yet--probably this weekend as Kathleen is still in Florida with Nana and Papa.

But has anyone else gotten these? What do you think? TIA! :)

hwin708
12-18-2003, 01:34 AM
No, I don't have these, but it sounded interesting, so I looked at them over on Amazon to see what the reviews were like.
They're pretty recent, so not many reviews yet.
Maybe I'm just suspicious, but two of the reviews sounded fake. For both the Letter Factory and the Gift Set, the first reviewers (who are annonymous and from different cities) post very similar things. Both end by saying that "Leap, Lilly and Tad" will encourage their child to use other leapfrog products.
Again, maybe I'm just crazy, but does this seem like something a parent would say, like, "yay! now my kid will want more expensive stuff!". And they both phrase it exactly the same.
This has just become an issue with me lately, where I'm starting to realize you can't always trust those online reviews. I love online reviews, so that really bums me out.
But then again, that's why this board is so great - you can trust the people here, and they're quick to put the smackdown on spammers!
Sorry to rant, with no real answer to your question. Be sure to tell us how they work for you.

brigmaman
12-18-2003, 09:35 AM
Lol! I have become so wary of online reviews. I always try to be a sleuth and figure out if one positive one might be fake. Especially the ones that say "I didn't have the problem the other 1000 reviewers had." :) And what about ones that recommend a competitor.

Anyway, I saw the videos at Target and BJs. I have had pretty good luck with Leapfrog toys in general. (We have the piano, the learning table, and the letter magnets). I am anxious to hear how these dvds are. (from real people ;))