PDA

View Full Version : the most amazing addition to our household

sarasprings
12-17-2003, 07:57 PM
I have a few minutes and was going to post to Neve's lurker thread, but it didn't load after about 5 minutes, so, I thought I would post about the Learning Tower instead. It has improved the quality of life for everyone in our house.

Here is the link.
http://www.thelearningtower.com/

Just before I discovered this existed, DH thought about making something like it because DS is so wiggly on chairs and I couldn't get much done holding him so he could see what was going on. We bought one because it looked well made and was easily adjustable, which he wouldn't be able to make one do. DS (19m) climbs in and out on his own.

Every morning we make oatmeal together now -- he scoops the oatmeal out of the bag and into the pot, stirs the oatmeal while I add milk, then puts the lid on so we can put it on the stove (the last part is still a little stressful because stirring could go on for a long time). We usually have a cottage cheese container with flour, a measuring cup, and spoons for him on the island, as well as his magnadoodle and various other things during the day.

DS is a very spirited boy who generally wants to be very close. The Learning Tower has helped me get things done with DS participating. It is wonderful.

mom2kandj
12-17-2003, 08:02 PM
I've been wanting one as both kids are teetering on chairs trying to see what Mom is doing! DH has said that he'll try to make one, but we know how that goes! LOL! So, where can I get the best deal on one? TIA!

Rose
mom 2 Katie (almost 3!)
& Jack (19 months)

NEVE and TRISTAN
12-18-2003, 12:58 AM
I can see whay that would help in the fun!!! What a great tool!!!
Please post on our intro thread...PLEASE!!!! Do you think it is too long maybe that is slowing it down, if so we can start a second thread....
Neve
AKA "mama2be"-forgot password
and Baby Boy Tristan born @UNC
Feb 25, 2003
Brother to 3 pups "gees" and 2 kitties

lcl
12-18-2003, 03:21 AM
this looks great! I have a high-spirited child. How much is it?

Chicago Mom

sarasprings
12-18-2003, 01:27 PM
I got it for $150 (no tax and free shipping) on ebay from a store called Organic Bebe. They have a website, but if you're interested, I'd just do a google search. When I got mine, a few stores had free shipping on them, which saves between $15 and $20. For us, it was definitely a big purchase, but I'm glad we did it.

I just reread my original post and I sounded like a dork, but I meant every word!

sarasprings
12-18-2003, 02:01 PM
I think it was because it was so long. I just posted, though. I opened up the thread before putting DS to sleep so it had plenty of time to load.

kalebsmama
12-19-2003, 12:14 AM
This is on my Christmas list! I really want one! DS likes to stand on a chair to "help" me make things but I am always worried he will fall off. I was making brownies last week and he yells "egg! egg!" and runs into the dining room to drag a chair into the kitchen. He was so excited! Today we made cut-out cookies at the dining room table. I was wishing I had the learning tower already.
I did find one listed for $123 but don't know anything about the company. Here's the link.
http://www.homedecodirect.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=HDG97270
I'm glad to hear a review of this. Now I know we'll love it! (if a certain someone got the really big hint I gave!)

nola
12-20-2003, 07:49 PM
Ooh! Ooh! I wanted that! I have to wait til my baby grows up a bit, but when she does, that learning tower is so mine. Kudos to you for getting your child involved with helping out now.