PDA

View Full Version : How should I be cleaning tub toys?

brigmaman
01-03-2004, 12:03 PM
I am cleaning the bathroom, and am wondering what is the "correct" or best way to clean all those little rubber duckies and squirty animals?
I can never get all the water out of the ones with holes.
Also- where do you keep all the little critters? I had something that stuck on the wall- but it held about 4 toys and now I have a small plastic bin-like one you might take to college to hold your toiletries- but it is overflowing and gets yucky very quickly.

redhookmom
01-03-2004, 01:52 PM
I have thrown all of mine in the dishwasher as well as the washing machine. The washing machine seems to work better, on gentle cycle.

I have a plastic bin that suctions to the wall that hold all of the toys. I got it at Target and it is rather large.

jubilee
01-04-2004, 03:13 PM
I'd throw them in a bucket mixed with a light bleach solution, and then rinse them really well.

houseof3boys
01-04-2004, 03:51 PM
Love your new avatar Trish!!!

I have been doing a bleach solution or GSE (grapefruit seed extract) which is supposed to be great for getting rid of yuckies!

brigmaman
01-04-2004, 10:10 PM
I am not really good with bleach... it probably sounds ridiculous, but my clothes tell a different story. Somehow I always manage to get bleach somewhere it's not supposed to be and do some damage. Where can I find GSE? What else do you use it for?
-The avatar was Brig's x-mas card photo- I just cropped it. It wasn't an exact square so it's a bit distorted.

houseof3boys
01-04-2004, 10:51 PM
GSE is supposed to be for a million things. I started drinking it once a day with juice since I had so many problems with thrush and it is supposed to be fabulous for keeping your bacteria levels where they're supposed to be. I have also used it to clean his regular toys that he chews on all of the time and I did rinse fruits and veggies in it before too. I also feel a little healthier taking it everyday since it is supposed to keep sick germs at bay. Who knows if that is true but I found the literatur interesting on it so I have been doing it for 3 months now.

I got it at Whole Foods and you only use a teeny tiny bit at a time.

Here are some links:

http://www.nutribiotic.com/GSELiquid.htm
http://www.pureliquidgold.com/

brigmaman
01-04-2004, 10:59 PM
Wow, thanks for the info... I am going to go check it out at a local health food store.