PDA

View Full Version : FP Kick and Play Bouncer or Infant to Toddler Rocker?

sugarsnappea
01-05-2004, 09:51 AM
I can't decide. Any recommendations for either of these or another bouncing/vibrating chair? TIA!

MelissaTC
01-05-2004, 10:26 AM
We had a FP bouncer that had a snuggle blanket attached and then Yaya bought us the Infant to Toddler Rocker. In retrospect, I would have bypassed the regular bouncer and gone straight to the Infant to Toddler Rocker. I will say that I have no experience with the other bouncer you mentioned. Having said that, Matthew still sits in the rocker from time to time. It became a real pita when we had playgroup though as some kids thought it was a good thing to stand in. But I really liked it when Matthew was too big for the bouncer. He had someplace to sit that vibrated and made him feel secure.

Just my two cents...HTH :)

zuzu
01-05-2004, 12:53 PM
We didn't have a regular-type bouncer, so I can't comment on those. Instead, we got the Combi Deluxe Activity Rocker. It vibrates, rocks, and collapses for easy travel. It also has a sun shade, head support positioner, and removable seat cover, and I liked that it didn't have lights and music. Another plus is the 25 pound weight limit, so I knew we'd get more use out of it. It also has a few seat postions, which is helpful now that Sarah likes to sit up straight.

You can probably find it for $50-60. I think it comes in prints, solids, plaids and polka dots, and with either hard or soft toys on the removable toy bar. We've been very happy with it.

melissa
mom to sarah, 5.10.03

Jen in Chicago
01-05-2004, 02:47 PM
I would go with the item with the longer lifespan. We are at the stage of Jude growing out of EVERYTHING!

lisams
01-05-2004, 03:51 PM
We had the Kick and Play bouncer and Grandma has the Toddler Rocker at her house. DD loved when I would bounce her lightly in the bouncer - something the rocker doesn't do (you can rock it, but DD wasn't into that). But, She LOVES the rocker now that she can climb into it and relax (she's 13 months). Looking back, I would get a cheap bouncer at a resale shop and get the Toddler Rocker since it will be used for a much longer time and will be money well spent. I have seen bouncers for $8 at our local resale shop. If I had to choose one, I would go for the Toddler Rocker.

HTH!
Lisa

malie
01-05-2004, 05:57 PM
We have the Infant to Toddler Rocker. DS doesn't really like the vibrating part and it certainly doesn't calm him but he likes the rocker in general even the somewhat freaky looking purple monkey (although at this stage 6 months if he gives it a good tug it comes off if we don't have the velcro attached just right (that's not really a problem for us)

kapow
01-06-2004, 05:41 PM
My son does the same thing with that monkey! I'm just surprised that after six months of being yanked on, the monkey still plays his tune :) He never liked the vibrations either.

starrynight
01-07-2004, 12:15 AM
We have the rocker for Eliza, I love it! She isn't a fan of the vibrations, I find them more rumbly then other seats, maybe that is why?

She loves the toys on the toy bar, what I like is since they attach with velcro loops I can attach virtually any toy that has a loop or that I can attach a fun link to and then use the velcro to attach it. So it has variety :) most bouncers don't. Not to mention the long term use. Since it reclines with the kick stand for smaller babies I was able to use it at 2 weeks old when I needed a safe place to put her down for a second and she loves the rocking motion. And my older kids sit in it sometimes, I'm not worried about it breaking if they want to have a seat. Both of them seem to want everything the baby has lately and at least I know it's "okay" if they hop in this seat occasionally.The weight limit is 40lbs. :)

justlearning
01-07-2004, 12:59 AM
I also debated between these two before DS was born. I ended up getting the Kick 'n Play, which DS REALLY liked. I didn't use the vibrations that often--more so when he was a newborn--but he really liked the toy bar and having the sounds and lights respond to his kicking/squirming. So, the bouncy seat was one of our best purchases and served us well. However, about a month ago we had to retire it for good because it was getting too dangerous with him trying to sit up in it. So, now I am regretting that we didn't get the rocker (am still considering getting it) because it'd be nice to have a seat that he could still sit in that would be safe when I'm upstairs showering and I put him in front of the TV with "Baby Mozart." So, I guess I'm echoing the other posts--my vote would be for the rocker, although I don't have it and I think you would also be very happy with the KNP.