PDA

View Full Version : Best Monitor????

aliceinwonderland
01-18-2004, 07:46 PM
Initially we weren't going to get one, as the baby will spend his first few month in our room (crib and dresser are set up there). But we're moving to Philly soon after he's born, and he will most likely have his own room there (rent MUCH cheaper in Philadelphia than Boston, LOL). What brand do you reccomend?? Of course we won't have a huge house(not until I graduate from law school, at least), just a 2-3 bdroom apt.

Thanks so much!!

eri

Daisy918
01-25-2004, 05:44 PM
We tried several monitors, and finally were happy w/the Sony 27 channel one. It's awesome--it has a Voice Activation feature and it has 27 channels--instead of the typical A or B.

ppshah
01-25-2004, 09:59 PM
I would recommend the Sony Baby call. We initially purchased a Fisher price- but we got tons of static-we returned it after the first night. The Sony baby call has worked great!!

egoldber
01-25-2004, 10:10 PM
There's no such thing, I'm afraid. The best monitor is the one that works for you, in your house. In have had *ahem* several. I would wait until you move and get one then, in case you need to return it and try another one.

Just for example, while the Sony BabyCall works for many people, it was BY FAR the worst monitor we tried in our house.

We also have and like:
Philips InTouch Monitor
FisherPrice 900 megahertz vibrating monitor (they have changed the name of this model so many times I can't keep track)

We also have and don't like:
The First Years Crisp&Clear 900 megahertz
(We actually use this one when we travel, since both the parent unit and the nursery unit can be used on battery power, and both units are fairly compact.)

HTH,

Marisa6826
01-26-2004, 12:09 AM
We have both the Philips and the Sony and love them both. The Sony one was substantially cheaper than the Philips (by about 50%), and works just as well for us.

We tried the Crisp and Clear one (First Years?) and it SUCKED. We even heard our neighbours beast (I mean kid) one night.

A lot of it will depend on how heavily populated your new area will be, and how old your apartment building is.

Good luck

BTW - Sonys are at Target (by the TVs - NOT baby stuff) and the Philips ones are now being sold at Discovery Stores.

One other thing - even though we had a small apartment and could hear Sophie without the monitor, I used it when I showered and she was napping.

-m