PDA

View Full Version : ISO: Johnny Jump Up that will fit over crown molding

Isabelsmommy
01-25-2004, 11:54 PM
Hi,

My five-month-old daughter got a Graco Bumper Jumper for Christmas, but unfortunately it won't fit over the top of the crown molding that's on all our doorways (we live in a pretty old apartment). I'm really bummed because she loves the thing -- it will fit over the bottom part of the molding, but the ledge at that point is only about 1/4 inch or so and the instructions say it should be at least 1/2 inch. It seems to stay put fine, but I'd absolutely die if something happened -- like it fell off and the springy thing hit her in the head -- because I let her play in it.

Does anyone know of something similar that fits taller doorways? I'd say ours are about 8 feet. Though truth is, it's not so much the height as the fact that the clamp at the top of the thing isn't big enough to fit around the crown molding. Maybe the FP Jumperoo, which I saw mentioned in another post? I hope this makes sense ... I'm a bit sleep-deprived.

Thanks so much,

Kristin
mom to Isabel Esperanza

Meatball Mommie
01-26-2004, 01:59 PM
Kristin-

I have one that I ordered from the One Step Ahead catalog that might work. If you can tell me how big your molding is, then I will measure the clamp part and see if it would fit around it. It would definitely be long enough for your DD to use in 8 ft doorways - you can adjust that part of the jumper. My DS loves his!

Isabelsmommy
01-26-2004, 03:58 PM
Thank you so much. It's about 7 inches. Thank you!

Meatball Mommie
01-27-2004, 04:17 PM
Bummer, I think you're out of luck with this one. We have some beams in our family room that are 7 in and about as thick as a door jam and the clamp wouldn't fit over them. That's some serious molding you have! Maybe you could just get the bouncy seat that other people were posting about (I think it's FP); it's freestanding. Sorry & Good Luck!

Isabelsmommy
01-27-2004, 11:26 PM
Sigh. Thanks so much for checking though. Maybe I will try out the bouncy chair. Or an ultrasaucer ...

Thanks again!