PDA

View Full Version : mobile recommendation

PJAlama
01-26-2004, 06:01 PM
I'd like to post a rave about the crib mobile we bought for our baby: the Music in Motion Developmental Mobile by Sassy. The rotating pieces have two faces, a simple patterns for 0-2 months and more complex ones for 3-5 months, but our 4-month-old still loves the simple side so much that I've never changed them. The musical selections are terrific: a nice classical piece with a good beat, Bach's Minuet in G, and a medley of 3 folk tunes, Mockingbird, Frere Jacques, and Rockabye Baby. Baby Sean likes them both, and especially likes it when Mommy sings along with the folk tunes, which is possible because (unlike other musical toys around the house) it gives a good long selection of each tune. The music goes on for 10 minutes & fades out gradually, so it keeps baby occupied a long time and/or helps him fall asleep. The only down side to the mobile: battery installation is difficult.

Pauline

JElaineB
01-28-2004, 01:41 PM
We have this mobile and DS loved looking at it. We kept it in the crib for a long time (took it down the day DS stood up and grabbed it - left it in a little too long I think!) We still have the music portion of the mobile in the crib. Our music has a "white noise" or perhaps "ocean" sound in additon, but I guess they have changed that since I bought it. DS loves to press the buttons himself now. Sometimes he presses something to listen to while he is falling asleep and sometimes he does it when he first wakes up. We have only gone through maybe 2 or 3 sets of batteries in 16 months of use, so even though you have to take the whole thing out to change the batteries I haven't had to do it too frequently.

Jennifer
mom to Jacob 9/27/02

PJAlama
01-29-2004, 04:42 PM
they still have the white noise--i just wasn't counting it.
pauline