PDA

View Full Version : Peek-a-Blocks Poppity Pop Elephant and toy opinions in general?

caroline9
01-30-2004, 01:50 AM
I bought this peek-a-block elephant today along with the farm blocks for my almost 9 month old, (age says 12 m) and I am just not sure about it, I think the tumblin' girrafe looks cuter, but the elaphant looked neat. I am trying to sbhy away from plastivc but it is so much cheaper than wood! I wanted something that popped, but I realize now a corn pooper may be better for when she is walking, and I could forgo this completely. We

She likes to play with NOTHING I bought her for christmas save the LP zoo (which my mom bought her and whose monkey noises drive me nuts) and even that has short time span. Is this elephant worth keeping, are there other toys she might like? She likes the peek-a-blocks themselves, and I've been looking for the dump truck but can't find it anywhere.

The thing she likes best are actually the dog's metal food bowls.And me or DH, which is very flattering and I love it, but sometimes I need to get thingsds done.

TIA for any feedback!

Caroline
Mommy to Isabel 05/06/2003

vikivoly
01-30-2004, 01:54 AM
I haven't seen the Elephant IRL, but I have the giraffe and it's nothing special. It's tall (as a giraffe should be :) ), but it falls over easily. It doesn't do much but make a noise when the block tumbles down to the bottom. I really like the blocks though, so I use it more for storing her blocks.

cinrein
01-30-2004, 09:07 AM
We don't have the elephant, so I can't comment on that. I just wanted to mention that for us it takes several weeks, sometimes a couple months, to warm up to a toy. Isabel will be changing sooo much in the way she plays over the next few months. If the elephant was cheap enough, I'd keep it and see if she likes it better in a couple weeks or months. Anna is almost 1 and she loves the peek-a-blocks. She carries them around, shakes them, leaves them on empty chairs, reaches the kitchen table and leaves one there, etc. I find those blocks everywhere!

Cindy and Anna 2/11/03

Marisa6826
01-30-2004, 10:31 AM
Sophie LOOOOVES that giraffe for some wierd reason. She actually carries around with her - which is pretty funny since she technically drags it while crawling. :)

-m

caroline9
01-30-2004, 12:04 PM
Thanks for the replies! I have thought about buying the giraffe-but now that I have the elephant poerhpas I should hold off! She is playing with the elephant this morning so I probably won't take it back now!

Thanks for the advice too on a child warming up to a toy. It gets frustrating when you spend money and they don't use things. Our house is so tiny we don't have a lot of room for trial an error.

So far she seems to like this more than most, but who knows how long that will last!

I am addicted to peek-a-blocks, bTW, DH asked me last night, whern I brought in the elphant "more of the SAME blocks we already have?" - utter disbelief. We only had six, what does he know! (I did not show him the extra pack I bought in addition to the elephant!)

JenCA
01-30-2004, 02:05 PM
We have the giraffe and so far, Julia's not too interested in it (I think I play with it more than she does, lol!). She does love the blocks, though, so I've just been buying the different sets and giving those to her.

starrynight
01-31-2004, 11:08 PM
The peek a block dump truck is at walmarts near me, they are $14.99 and come with I think 6 blocks and the truck makes noise. I want the blocks it comes with but not so much the truck but they don't come separate. There is one with sand in it that looks cool. :)

I am p-a-block obsessed but dh restrains my buying them because I also am insane about lp sets LOL. I went to target for a table cloth, walked out with the lp melody the minivan instead :+ Daria's bday is in 2 weeks so I could justify it a little eventhough I already said I was done shopping for her.

lrucci
02-01-2004, 06:50 PM
I have never seen the elephant, so I can't compare but DD loves her giraffe. There are little holes on the side that she can grab, so she picks him up and can move him. It took her awhile to figure out how to pick up the blocks, but she has finally started to do that.

Lisa
Mom to Kyleigh Elizabeth 7/19/03