PDA

View Full Version : Arghh!! So now what high chair should I get?

Blissful_in_TX
02-02-2004, 04:44 PM
Since I officially can’t find the Fisher Price Deluxe Healthy Care High Chair in the Smiley Bear pattern anywhere (and don’t want to spend a gazillion dollars for one on ebay), I now can’t figure out what to get! I’m not sure I can stand the blue ruffle in the Link a Doos pattern, and the regular FP Healthy Care chairs don’t have wheels.

I saw that Baby Trend now has a vinyl cover (instead of the hard-to-clean cloth ones), but that model doesn’t come with casters. (unless there is another one I haven’t seen??)

Why can’t they make one product that has everything I’m looking for??!!

Any suggestions?

KateMc
02-02-2004, 06:10 PM
I think FP might be phasing out the deluxe healthy care - I couldn't find one anywhere this weekend (checked Babies R Us, Toys R Us, and Target!). We did decide to go with the Link A Doos chair - I also would have preferred something a little more simple, but its actually not so bad. And, my son loves playing with the toys, and I love the fact that they don't fall on the floor when he throws them off the tray.
Do keep checking e-bay - I've gotten several good deals with the "buy it now" feature (saved $50 on a Britax Cowmooflage car seat this week) - just make sure the cost of shipping doesn't end up costing more than the actual item!

pritchettzoo
02-02-2004, 10:20 PM
I saw the new FP chair at Target, and it has a cute cushion--navy with brightly-colored circle-y thingies. The Target website has a tiny picture but not a big picture of it. I personally like it better than the bears. Oh, here's a picture (though still not large) of it on the FP website: http://www.fisher-price.com/us/babygear/product.asp?sku=C4630&c=bgh

I just got the Baby Trend with the fabric cover. I figure we do so much laundry around here, I could throw it in with whatever load's going that evening!

Anna
Mama to Gracie (9/16/03)

Jacksonvol
02-02-2004, 11:31 PM
We went with the vinyl Baby Trend. No wheels (boo), but I love the easy to wipe seat. I also was able to get the tray off and on easier with one hand than I was the FP HC Deluxe. If you can take the baby out to "test sit" it makes the choice easier. I was gung ho on the FP until I realized I did not have the dexterity needed to remove the tray while holding a child.

wilelm
02-03-2004, 12:06 PM
They do make one with everything you're looking for, it's just expensive! We have the Chicco Mamma and are very happy with it. It has the vinyl seat that is very easy to clean (it even slips right off for big messes), and it has wheels with locks to keep it from rolling backward. It also has 6 height adjustments, 3 reclines, and 2 trays.

I think it was worth the extra money, because the quality means it will definitely last through at least one more child.

Sheila
Mother of Miriam, 03/10/03

smomom
02-03-2004, 01:14 PM
Ditto on possibly considering paying a little more to get all the features - especially if you are planning to have more kids in the future. Although you'll see some negative comments about it here, I absolutely adore my Primma Pappa. It's easy to use, easy to clean (thanks to the vinyl seats and removable tray), easily adjustable, and it rolls anywhere. It's also extremely durable. I expect my PP will be in excellent shape to use for our next child too. I would recommend at least checking out either the PP or the Chicco Mamma.

kaitlinsmommy
02-04-2004, 06:26 PM
Another mom posted here that she talked to a FP rep, who suggested she buy the HC Deluxe chair in Noah's Ark and could buy the Smiley Bear cover separately for about $15. Just an idea if you have your heart set on it and the cover is still available.

jennifer13
02-04-2004, 07:06 PM
We have the regular FP Healthy Care chair without the wheels, and it's fine. My friend put felt thingys on the bottom of hers so it would slide even more easily. I think the chair is great and you can't beat the price.

Jennifer
Mom to Norah 5/23/03

vikivoly
02-05-2004, 10:26 AM
We have the Baby Trend with cloth cover. I love it! I almost didn't buy it because I wanted vinyl, but I'm so glad I did. I really don't find the cloth cover hard to keep clean. DD is now 14 months and self feeding most meals and I've only had to remove it to wash it two times. It spot cleans easily. It is machine washable, but must be line-dried. The high chair is still capable of being used while the cover is drying. I think the cloth cover is so much more comfy for DD. We live in PA, so we have cold winters and I think vinyl would be cold.

BTW, the cloth cover is reversible.

newmom03
02-06-2004, 06:40 PM
I just bought the Baby Trend Breckenridge high chair and I LOVE it ($89 Toys R Us) and here's why:

Just as stylish as the Peg Perego chairs, but at a fraction of the cost. It has knobs on the back to hang the tray from (I think this is a great feature as you never have to have the tray lying around). The tray has a removeable dishwasher safe insert. It's lightweight. It's easy to clean--as for the cover, you can easily remove it when feeding your child--there's an easy to clean vinyl pad under the fabric cover. The cover is REVERSABLE too:-) It has casters. It reclines and has adjustable heights. I can't say enough good things about this high chair.

ShayleighCarsensMom
02-07-2004, 02:25 AM
They have a FP high chair at etoys for $69.xx....Im not sure if its the pattern you are looking for.
Good luck!
valerie