PDA

View Full Version : Travel Swings

mkipple
02-03-2004, 06:48 PM
My sister is going to babysit my DD when I return to work, but she takes her afternoon naps in her swing. My sister is VERY short on space at her home, so I am trying to find a good travel/portable swing. Does anyone have one or have experience with the travel size swings? If so, any recommendations? Thanks for the help!

Maggie

heytootsy
02-03-2004, 10:34 PM
Maya never liked the travel swing. We had the fisher Price one (the blue one with bees on it). I think it was a bit to stimulating for her when she was younger, and just never grew into it.

mik8
02-03-2004, 10:41 PM
We have the fisher price but had I known that Graco made the "open-type" top, I would have settled for that. It's getting harder and harder for my DD to get in and out of it without hitting her head on the overhead bar. Also, take note of the weight limits. Our FP is only good up to 17 lbs. Some babies can really outgrow it very fast. I got it at a consignment shop.

kaitlinsmommy
02-04-2004, 01:40 AM
We also had the FP Take Along swing and I definitely would have preferred the open top Graco one but it wasn't out yet. I don't know how old your daughter is, but Kaitlin was wiggling out of hers around 6-7 months.

HelenD
02-04-2004, 04:16 PM
I usually lurk here, but feel strongly enough about the Graco Travel Lite Swing to register and post. (And it's time for me to go pick up DD and I still took the time).

My DD *hates, hates, hates* this swing. HATES it. In addition, if you do a search on it, you'll see some very concerning calls for Graco to recall this product. It's not very safe.

I have a small house and DH and I select this one based on it's size and the Graco name. BIG mistake.

Just to be clear, this is the swing I'm talking about:

http://www.target.com/gp/detail.html/602-1189502-4798213?asin=B00008UA2B

Avoid it at all costs.

It seems like reviewers at Target and Amazon (as I recall) recommend the Fisher Price.

Anyway, Good Luck, whatever you decide.

KGoes
02-04-2004, 04:51 PM
We have the FP travel swing and DD loves it. She did not like the lights and music until she was about 4 and a half months old. Once she discovered that she could activate the sound and music by grabbing for one of the toys, she has about worn them out. I agree that open top would be easier, but we really like the swing.

Kelley
DD born 7/03

zuzu
02-05-2004, 10:48 AM
We received the FP travel swing (http://www.fisher-price.com/us/babygear/product.asp?id=9216) as a gift and I thought we'd never use it, but it came in handy for a few months, until Sarah was sitting up well on her own and wanted to move around more. It was a great resting spot for her when I wanted a shower. She seemed to enjoy the lights and music. The music annoyed me a little, but we didn't use the swing often enough for it to matter much, and it can be used without the lights and music. Our manual lists the weight limit as 25 pounds, so we we haven't put it in storage yet. If your daughter likes napping in her swing, this would probably work well for you both. It does fold up easily for travel and storage, and we've only had to change the batteriens once. I didn't look at any of the other travel swing models, so I can't help with those.

Melissa, mom to Sarah (5.10.03)