PDA

View Full Version : Update! Should I pay more than retail for a back up lovey...??

snp624
02-05-2004, 10:01 AM
Update!
Beth is selling this to me! She was so kind and was going to give it to me for free, and I just HAD TO paypal the money! I feel cheap for sending the Amazon price of $5.29 + $1 shipping, after all of you said $15 is a cheap price for lovey...! (which I was hoping to hear, btw) Thank you all for your responses! I loved reading your lovey stories. They are so heartwarming, since you all had back ups ;)

Thank you again, Beth!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~

DD has a lovey that she hugs to sleep every nap & at night. It's a bear/rattle. I posted picture below... She doesn't drag it around it everywhere, but as soon as I put her in the crib, she just crawls to it, put it next to her cheek, suck her thumb, and falls asleep. She is a great napper/sleeper, and only time she didn't nap at all so far is when I forgot to bring this lovey to my IL's house.

I searched online for this, and amazon/tru used to sell it for $5.29. Retail for this seems like around $10 according to other site. I found an online store selling this item, but it's $15. I feel stupid to pay $15 knowing I could have gotten it from Amazon for $5.29. But considering it is DD's lovey, should I just pay $15? I just keep imaging DD crying in the crib because her lovey is lost :(

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/2358.jpg

bluej
02-05-2004, 10:27 AM
I know it would kill me to pay almost three times as much, but I also know what Ryden is like w/o his lovey so I guess I would buy it in a heartbeat! Just be happy her lovey didn't originally cost $15 and now you can only find it for $45!

pamela mom of 3
02-05-2004, 11:55 AM
As a mom with 3 kids with attachment objects lol

If the child is really attached to it and it gets lost $15 will sound like nothing :P

~Pamela Mom Of 3

http://cmw.dailymoviereviews.com/contrib/fk/bunny.gif

egoldber
02-05-2004, 12:48 PM
Sumio, my DD has this toy and we never use it. If you like, I'll send you mine if you pay for postage. E-mail me:

Toba
02-05-2004, 12:59 PM
Nothing to add ... I just have to say that is SO sweet!

~Kimberly Anne~
Noah Nevan due on 03/21/04

boys2enough
02-05-2004, 03:55 PM
Just like you, I'd be very annoyed to pay 3 times the original retail price for something... but it's probably worth its weight in gold in the future!

If you don't mind, I'd like to share our story:

My DS1 who's almost 6 now still has a lovey bear "Bear." In fact, he's had at least a dozen of them throughout the years. It is made by Oshgosh and now discoontinued. I thank god that I had the good sense to buy 1 or 2 whenever I saw them in the stores. At one point, I had about 6 identical bears hidden in the closet. We just kind of rotated 3 bears at one time to keep them from being worn out.

Then, you lost the bear, the bear was trashed, misplaceed, forgoten, etc etc. Finally, there were only 3 bears left. We were being very careful and didn't want DS to find out that his beloved BEAR is actually one of the "triplets"! We were afraid that he was going to be traumatized... But one day, when he was about 4, he saw all 3 of them together! He was also old enough to wonder why BEAR looked different than the Bear yesterday. lol. He was so excited: now he had 3 BEARs to love!!!!! lol.

But of course, now we only have 2 left. He still sleeps with them. And somewhere in a box is a BRAND NEW Bear that I plan to give him in the future: maybe on his wedding day? lol, probably on the day when he becomes a father himself...

Now, I tried to do the same thing with DS2, so I bought 3 Carter's stuffed dogs and left them in the crib with him. Of course, he now favors a Lamb made by Gund (bought at T J Maxx) that is discontinued. I am starting to panick! lol.

AngelaS
02-05-2004, 05:55 PM
We also have duplicates of loveys!

Adrienne had about 6 blankets that all felt the same (knit jersey, like Carters or Gymboree). One is her preferred blanket but when it really mattered, any would work.

Gabrielle's attached to a Ling doll by Russ Berrie. The original Ling was a gift and I spent $15 or $20 to have a back up. It's WELL worth it! LOL She knows there are two of them and LOVES to cart them both.... :D

pamela mom of 3
02-05-2004, 06:41 PM
LOL reminds me of my 5yo, her love of choice is the carters i call them waffle weave blanket we bought many of them as they started off as wrap baby up blankets when the attachment was becoming obvious we purchased more and rotated them about now she has all of them! gosh probably at least 6/8! lol :D

~Pamela Mom Of 3

http://cmw.dailymoviereviews.com/contrib/fk/bunny.gif

Thatchermom
02-05-2004, 08:39 PM
Wisest baby advice anybody gave us was the advice to go out the minute we knew a "lovey" had been chosen and buy at least three more. DS is 2 and knows that Lambie (Fluffles)is actually one of a herd, and he is okay with that. He loves the video we have of his cousin juggling three of them! When we finally lost our first one recently, he thought it was very fun to choose a new Lambie to come home from the store and he brought it to meet the others when we got home. And yes, we also have one put away for when he has his first, as well as "portraits" of Lambie. All that to say, if we lost our last Lambie today there is no price we wouldn't pay.