PDA

View Full Version : Prima Pappa Highchair question:

merrie
02-05-2004, 11:00 PM
Hi! I have decided on this highchair and was wondering what your opinions/experience are with the leatherette vs. the double fabric?

Merrie

Momof3Labs
02-05-2004, 11:06 PM
We left the fabric cover on for about a week and then removed it - but unfortunately the vinyl cover underneath was UGLY! So I ordered a vinyl cover off of the Peg Perego site and we used that exclusively. So the double fabric was a huge waste of money. Actually, this whole high chair was a huge waste of money (it offered nothing more than chairs that are $80 less), but I'm sure that you've read the archives and seen the feedback on this chair so I won't go into it again.

egoldber
02-05-2004, 11:39 PM
I have the leatherette and like it fine. I would personally not get a high chair with a fabric cover.

HTH,

DDowning
02-06-2004, 12:47 AM
I have one in the beige/taupe looking leatherette style. I like mine as well, I like that I can remove the top tray and just clean that and leave my baby in the seat. I also like that when he was younger, not sitting up to well that I could prop it back and recline while eating. The only dry back I have found is that food seems to get into all the crevices. If he's eating something messy like a cracker, I find that I have to be real diligent to clean the chair after he's done.

McQ
02-06-2004, 12:03 PM
We have the Chesapeake fabric and haven't had real issues with it. I guess I don't know any different but it's not like I'm frustrated or bothered by it.

Allison
~ mommy to Declan 3.24.03

ShayleighCarsensMom
02-07-2004, 02:27 AM
I love my leatherette high chair.....we have the martinelli navy blue leather.

ShayleighCarsensMom
02-07-2004, 02:27 AM
I've been using it for 2 1/2 years and it looks brand new...no wear at all.

gisele
02-08-2004, 01:36 AM
We love our Prima Pappa highchair. I have it in tan leatherette. I don't like the HC highchair and I don't think it is the same. The seat does not tilt like the PP, only the back tilts. This is hard on young babies. I think the construction is much cheaper too.

There is a cover that fits on the highchair, that goes over the sides if you are concerned about getting food in crevices. You can just toss the whole thing in the wash. I have it, but haven't had to use it yet because the chair is pretty easy to clean and I haven't had a problem getting food in crevices.

Jeanne
02-09-2004, 03:08 PM
I'm not a fan of Peg or Chico highchairs. I am using Baby Trend and have found that the fabric doesn't get that dirty (seems like there is some type of fabric coating on it) and it washes out perfectly. This could also be because the tray sits much closer than the Peg and Chico chairs. The vinyl is just too hot for my liking and I don't want to spend a lot of time wiping it down every night. I find it just as easy to throw the fabric cover in the wash now and then.

JenCA
02-09-2004, 06:21 PM
We have the Prima Pappa with a vinyl seat cover. Although the cloth covers are washable, I would not go that route because I think it would be a pain to wash it as often as I would have to keep it looking clean.

nyccindy
02-09-2004, 06:37 PM
Hi--
I have the menta (blue/green check) in vinyl. I love the way it looks and cleans up great. (just don't throw the whole thing in the washing machine which I did once when not thinking!) it gets water-logged because of the padding inside, and I needed to order a new one off the peg web site.
I think it's a great high-chair, but I didn't really shop around too much (it was for my first baby and I knew I'd be having at least one more so could justify the expense!)

good luck!