PDA

View Full Version : Toys for 7 month old/Parents Alpha Block Sorter

jennifer1143
02-09-2004, 12:02 PM
Hi - I'm looking for some new toys for my 7-month old boy. He's outgrowing all his baby toys. I've been looking at the Parents Magazine Alpha Block Sorter, but it's out of stock at Target & I can't find anywhere else to buy it. Can anyone tell me where I might find it online? Also, looking for any toy suggestions for this age? Thanks.

Jennifer

amp
02-09-2004, 12:43 PM
DS is 8 mths old, so we're right about the same stage. I don't know anything about the sorter you mentioned, but I do know that my DS loved the blocks to his sorter, but he doesn't have a clue how to sort them. He likes to knock down the towers I make with them and just handles them in general and chews on them. He will be able to grow into it, though, so that's a plus.

DS's favorite toy, by far, is the Leapstart Learning Table. First he played with it on the floor, without the legs, and when he got good at pulling up on furniture, we put the legs on and he liked it even more.

He also likes....
Stacking rings, although he doesn't understand the purpose yet.
Touch and feel books, particularly a cloth farm animals.
Balls of various kinds.
A xylophone that we mostly play for him. He doesn't know what to do with it himself except chew on the mallet.
Blocks. He loves knocking down the block towers we build! (He has some peek a blocks and some cloth baby einstein blocks).
Parents Around the Block Wagon. He likes to play with the beads, climb on it, pull up on it and play with the blocks that are stored inside it.
Various other rattles, teethers, squeaker toys and plush toys.