PDA

View Full Version : when did your babe lose interest in the exersaucer -- for good?

zen_bliss
02-09-2004, 03:20 PM
she arches her back and cries when i put her in it these days, and i'm wondering if her interest will come back or if it is definitively *over* and time to sell it.

Momof3Labs
02-09-2004, 03:50 PM
I'd say at 8.5 months. Granted, we put it away and haven't brought it out again to test for renewed interest, but it sat untouched for a couple of weeks before we put it in the basement.

Even if her interest were to come back, there are probably toys that will hold her interest better at this point (and be more challenging developmentally), so I'd say that it is safe to sell it. Zazi is growing up!!

stillplayswithbarbies
02-09-2004, 04:13 PM
we were away for three weeks at Christmas, and when we got home, Logan saw her exersaucer and it was like she had been reunited with a long lost love. She was 9 months old at the time. I put her in it and she spent 45 minutes lovingly playing with all the toys and talking to herself.

I have not been able to put her in it since. She looks at it and smiles, but if I go to put her in it, she cries. So I guess that one last playtime was just to say goodbye.

...Karen
Jacob Nathaniel Feb 91
Logan Elizabeth Mar 03

lisams
02-09-2004, 08:16 PM
DD lost interest being put inside it around 8 months. It was great for when she was cruising - she would use it to pull up, and play with the toys from the outer side. It was taking up too much room though, so once she was past the cruising stage we put it up for good.

Lisa

JElaineB
02-09-2004, 08:49 PM
Hmmm...DS didn't lose interest ever really. At 13 months or so I finally converted it to a toddler toy (we have a Graco model that has baby and toddler modes - baby mode is like an exersaucer). I kept it as an exersaucer WAAAAYYY too long as he could walk at 10.5 months. But it was a convienent place to plop him for a minute if I had to run to the bathroom or whatever. He liked to poop in it and drink his bottles in it. I put it away totally around 14 months old, it took up too much room. Now he just runs around loose. As an exersaucer, he did sometimes not want to get in it, but there were other times where he did. I didn't force him unless I had no other choice at the moment. But most babies do lose interest a lot earlier, so I think we are the exception. I think our model held his interest longer because of it being a convertible entertainer that had more "toddler-appropriate" toys.

Jennifer
mom to Jacob 9/27/02

MelissaTC
02-09-2004, 10:55 PM
We have the Little Tikes/Graco entertainer that converts as well. If I still had it out (too many toys, not enough time in the day) he would still play with it and does when we go somewhere that has one. He is going to be 20 months!

lcl
02-10-2004, 03:09 AM
my son is 18 mo and still likes to play with the toys . we have it stored in an extra bedroom where there aren't any toys. .a couple times he asked to sit inside just for kicks. he really loved this toy but started not wanting to sit in it on a regular basis when he was cruising at 9 or 10 mo.

jubilee
02-10-2004, 03:50 AM
My 10 month old still likes it. We have the little stablizing legs off so he can rock it. He will rock in it for 30 minutes or so while I make dinner. The toys have no interest for him anymore. I must mention it might have something to do with the ability of the baby. My guy isn't cruising or pulling up yet, so he still thinks it's great to be confined to the saucer. More mobile babies probably get less use from the saucer.

peanut4us
02-10-2004, 10:30 AM
Sara stopped liking to be in it about 1.5 months ago. But she really likes waslking around it now and playing with toys from the outside... i figure we'll get a couple of more months out of it this way.