PDA

View Full Version : which shopping cart toy should i get?

casey
02-09-2004, 06:12 PM
My boy is 15 months old and love to push things around. i love real-looking shopping cart by pottery barn kids. this does not come with fruit,vegetable shape toys. Another one that i like is leap frog shopping carts that makes sound and comes with toys.Any reviews on these items??
thanks

Momof3Labs
02-09-2004, 09:54 PM
It's not on your list, but we have the Little Tyke shopping cart and Colin loves it!

August Mom
02-09-2004, 11:30 PM
We have the Leapfrog shopping cart. DS really enjoys scanning the different foods that go in the cart. It has several different modes, one where is will tell you what type of food you have and how many of that food you are buying, one where it tells you something more about that particular food and one where it asks you to find foods with particular characteristics (all white foods, foods for breakfast, etc.) It also plays a catchy song. DS pushes it around some, but not as much as I anticipated. He mainly likes emptying and filling the shopping cart and scanning the food items. He also has attempted to climb in it, but he likes to attempt to climb everything. We have a basic shopping cart that was mine as a child at my mom's house. It doesn't have any bells and whistles. He seems to enjoy pushing it around more, but not playing with the food in it. I will say that the basket on the Leapfrog cart is rather small, so it limits you a bit in imaginative play as to what you can put inside and there is no seat where you could put a doll or stuffed animal. DS and I like it, though. I'm not familiar with the PBK one. The only thing I'm thinking, though, is if it's metal, it could be more prone to injure if your child falls on it, but that may depend how it's made. You can buy wooden or plastic food separately pretty easily. Or, just use empty boxes/containers.

Momof3Labs
02-09-2004, 11:42 PM
I'd also worry about metal denting walls and furniture... Our shopping cart has been in many fender-benders around the house...

boys2enough
02-10-2004, 12:05 AM
Both my 6 yo and 15 mo love the Little Tykes shopping cart as well. For a while my 6yo pushed his bears and other stuffed animals in it aroound the house.

But ours is the older version. It looks like this,

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3174115281&category=2574

muskiesusan
02-10-2004, 08:56 AM
We also have the Little Tykes shopping cart. Nick got it 1 1/2 years ago and it it still a favorite (one of the few toys that has stood the test of time). It is very sturdy.

Susan
Mom to Nicholas 10/01/01
& Baby #2 due 4/23/04!!!!

kaitlinsmommy
02-10-2004, 11:32 PM
We also have the Little Tykes cart & it's great. I'm thinking about the PBK groceries to go with it but wanted to let you know there are pretend groceries in the Back to Basics toy catalog for $20. You can check them out at basictoys.com

mary b
02-14-2004, 08:07 PM
Another BIG thumbs up for the Little Tikes shopping cart. THis is one of DD's favorite toys and has been for over a year. Of all her toys, the staying power of this has to be one of the best. We have tons of play food and a scanner cash register to complement it.

Mary