PDA

View Full Version : A question about the baby trend highchair

LittlePrince_Mom
02-10-2004, 05:58 PM
I don't have the opportunity to see one IRL, so, for those of you who have it. When you take the tray off can you sit the seat close enough to the table to have your child eat off the table with everyone else?
I'm thinking of purchasing this chair and have read a lot of the old threads but am still wondering if there are any complaints besides some people disliking the fabric because it's hard to clean.
TIA for your wise advice

-E

Marisa6826
02-10-2004, 09:09 PM
We have this chair and really like it. I've not had problems cleaning it, although Sophie is on the small side and I have her sitting on a thin folded bath towel.

I don't see where sliding it up to a table would be a problem because you can easily adjust the height on the chair. I think it has four or five (maybe six??) notches that you can adjust it to. The only thing problem that I could forsee is if your table has a deep apron (the piece of wood that hangs down the side of the table).

We just slide Sophie right up next to us at the table with her tray. She's happy, we're happy!

I personally prefer the fabric. I don't like sitting on plastic seats, so I don't see why Sophie would! ;)

-m

cchavez
02-11-2004, 01:11 AM
The newest BT chair, Taylor Square, has a vinyl seat but no wheels.

Jeanne
02-11-2004, 10:31 AM
I have one and love it! The fabric is not hard to clean at all. We simply throw it in the washer and then hang it up to dry on a regular hanger - dries fast too. Another plus is that the fabric seems to have some type of coating on it so I've always been able to take a wet sponge and wipe non-staining food off right away. I use a Dust Buster to vacuum the seat for crumbs although I really don't have to do it often because the tray sits my closer to the baby than the Peg and Chico Chairs.
No problems with wheeling the chair up to the table as the height is adjustable. I was able to test the Peg, Chico, and Baby Trend chairs each for two months and chose the Baby Trend for fabric, closeness of tray, and price.

LittlePrince_Mom
02-11-2004, 10:51 AM
everyone for the great advice, I think I'm going to buy one.

-E