PDA

View Full Version : Little People Train vs Thomas/Brio type

christic
02-13-2004, 12:46 PM
I picked up a LP train set after the holidays at Target on a whim for my daughter's 2nd birthday in March--was really looking for the ramps around garage set which was my favorite when I was little! It's not the zoo train they sell now but the Fun sounds train with track that's listed here

http://store.yahoo.com/australiantoys/fisworoflitp2.html

At the time my daughter showed no interest in trains, but as her birthday approaches she's become obsessed! Partly because I take a train on the days I work, partly because a friend of hers has a Thomas set--but it's "choo choo" all the time. Now I'm wondering if we'd be better off taking back the LP train in favor of one of the Brio style sets. I paid $19.99 for the LP train, not sure what the others cost, and don't really have the room for the train table, etc.

Any thoughts? Or any opinions on the LP set?

egoldber
02-13-2004, 03:58 PM
For a 2 year old, I would personally go with a wooden train system compatible with the Brio/Thomas stuff. FYI, Target sells a wooden tain set that is compatible with the B/T stuff and is very inexpensive (around $40 for a 150 piece set).

HTH,

christic
02-14-2004, 02:51 PM
Thanks. I'd read about the Target train set here doing a search (Little Tree I think) but can't find it in the store--it's not listed online anymore either. Maybe it was just a holiday item?

Anyway, may just stick with the LP set for now and see if this new found interest lasts. I didn't expect to start doing train research less than a month before her birthday!

Chris

egoldber
02-14-2004, 03:53 PM
My Target still carries them. They are in the toy section near the wooden puzzles.

HTH,

christic
02-14-2004, 05:45 PM
Thank you! I'll try again at another Target near us...and it helps to know they're by the wooden puzzles. I wandered the aisles at one store but wasn't even sure where they should be if they were there.

Thanks again!