PDA

View Full Version : SHAPE SORTERS

NEVE and TRISTAN
02-15-2004, 06:11 PM
Just have to say...that our shape sorter is providing hours of entertainment!!!! We have one that actually rolls and he can remove the shapes by putting his hands in there and removing them and thus that helps in the hours of entertainment. But putting shapes in every crevice now has become "the thing to do"...(especially mommies mouth) "yes Tristan it is big...but it's not THAT big"....

Anyway felt the urge to tell folks to grab one if you don't have one ASSUMING your babe will like one as much as T does...

Ours is shown in the mischievious thread in the lounge of like a week or so back...it was bought last season at Tuesday Morning...
Neve
http://home.nc.rr.com/ourbabytristan
AKA "mama2be"-forgot password
and Baby Boy Tristan born @UNC
Feb 25, 2003
Brother to 3 pups "gees" and 2 kitties

cchavez
02-15-2004, 10:04 PM
Neve, what brand is it??? I have a soft shape/animal sorter from Lamaze but I would love to get Diego a real shape sorter....thanks.

NEVE and TRISTAN
02-15-2004, 10:49 PM
The one I have doesn't have a brand name on it (I'm certian it was on the box long ago)...I have no seen it at my local TM (or maybe have not noticed it there) BUT I remember Andrea (Andrews mommy) posting a duck ride on toy once bought at Target and IF it was a shape sorter it was similiar in size and all...

I think a shape sorter in general of wood might serve the same purpose, Tristan grips these wooden toys, blocks, stacking rings (melissa and doug) and has two in his hands at all times. His new thing is crawling with one in each hand and hearing the noise that they make I guess...

I'm not certain all kids love these, but if they even love them 1/100th as much as he seems to it will be worth it. It is funny seeing him reach into this shape sorter and pull out the shapes to re insert. The box I think of this one was red and green-I wish I knew more about this specific one...

Here is the picture if that helps locate it at TM...
http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/dcboard.php?az=show_mesg&forum=37&topic_id=58080&mesg_id=58521&page=
Neve
http://home.nc.rr.com/ourbabytristan
AKA "mama2be"-forgot password
and Baby Boy Tristan born @UNC
Feb 25, 2003
Brother to 3 pups "gees" and 2 kitties

beckyr88
02-16-2004, 12:32 AM
Stella loves hers too! Hers is the Tolo one--from TJ Maxx. HTH Christine!! She always has at least one of the shapes with her. Each shape rattles, and she just loves it. Best toy yet...

sntm
02-16-2004, 09:16 AM
Jack actually has two Tolo sorters (blame my mother, who hit Target and Marshall's and TJ Maxx so many times she couldn't remember what she had bought). One is cylindrical and one is spherical and he adores them both. We keep one upstairs and one downstairs. He like to just play with the shapes, as well. My only annoyance is they use different colors between the two (i.e. the circle is white on one and yellow on the other) so I'm constantly watching to se if we will mix them and then he will get confused!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
shannon
not-even-pregnant-yet-overachiever
trying-to-conceive :)
PREGNANT! EDD 6/9/03
mama to Jack 6/6/03

emilyf
02-17-2004, 02:44 PM
We have the exact same one from Tuesday Morning, and Charlie loves his too. He has started putting all sorts of things in the back of it-yesterday I was looking for one of my measuring cups, and you guessed it, in the shape sorter.
Emily \r\nmom of Charlie born 11/02