PDA

View Full Version : What are your favorite children's music cds?

Lucia
02-18-2004, 10:57 PM
Just curious about others' favorite cds. Our son, Noah, loves music...we listen to all different kinds of music. We both really enjoy listening to compilation cds that were put out by Martha Stewart (both the Sleepytime one and the Playtime one). He also enjoys several different world music cds that we keep in the car.

Lately, he has begun to enjoy singing songs that involve fingerplay. I would love to get some cds that are easy to sing along with....any ideas?

Also, we love all of the Sandra Boyton books and are thinking about getting the Philadelphia Chickens book/cd. Any opinions?

Thanks,
Lucia

mom to Noah 2/9/2003
Okinawa, Japan

Kimberly H
02-18-2004, 11:27 PM
Well, Philadelphia Chickens is on rotation in my DH's office, along with the Muppet Show CD. The grownups LOVE the Philly Chickens and Mia's starting to think it's pretty funny.

Our mantra in China was "be like a duck" -- you'll get it when you get the CD!!

nohomama
02-18-2004, 11:42 PM
I recommend all of Dan Zanes CDs as well as "Music for Wiggleworms" put out by the Old Town School of Music in Chicago. All should be available through Amazon, Barnes and Noble, or similar websites as well as through the music store of the Old Town School (http://www.oldtownschool.org/Strummer/).

redhookmom
02-19-2004, 12:27 AM
Burl Ives Sings Little White Duck

I loved this albumn as a child and just redicovered it. I hope my kids love it as much as I do.

brigmaman
02-19-2004, 11:00 PM
My MIL is a pre-school teacher. She took classes to learn about the Music Together program. I'm not familiar with the actual program, but she did give us a few CD's. We have the drums version and I think the tambourine CD. Ds LOVES these. He grabs his tambourine and runs over to the stereo reaching up for us to turn it on.

August Mom
02-20-2004, 12:17 AM
DS loves the Signing Time CD. I don't think you need to teach sign language to enjoy the songs on this CD.

https://www.signingtime.com/comersus/store/comersus_viewItem.asp?idProduct=1

luvbeinmama
02-20-2004, 12:33 AM
John Lithgow - Singing in the Bathtub - wonderful!
Veggie Tales - we like both the music cd's & the videos
my kids love Chuck Berry!

emmiem
02-20-2004, 11:07 AM
Check out Music for Little People. They have a catalog as well as online web site.
Michele

Pchan
02-20-2004, 08:06 PM
NO! by They Might Be Giants
Songs to Grow on for Mother and Child by Woody Guthrie
And I second the Dan Zanes recommendation. I have "House Party" and want more!

pritchettzoo
02-21-2004, 01:14 AM
Philadelphia Chickens all the way! But be forewarned--you will be singing this to yourself (likely aloud and without your child) while walking through public places. People will think you are insane. :P

Anna
Mama to Gracie (9/16/03)

jenmcadams
02-21-2004, 02:21 PM
We like most of the Raffi CDs (particularly Baby Beluga and Singable Songs for the Very Young), Philadelphia Chickens, Beethoven's Wig, and anything Sesame Street.