PDA

View Full Version : Silly Swing Fiasco, what should I do? (long)

jec2
02-19-2004, 11:08 PM
So today I bought DS a swing, and I got rooked!

In a complete haste, I made a mad-dash for a local baby store to buy a swing after Finn fell asleep w/ me rocking his car seat! Brilliant! I made a quick call to DH and he was enthusiastic and told me to get on w/ my good researching. I hardly ever buy anything w/out comparison shopping and searching on-line, reading reviews, etc. But I thought I'll hurry and go buy a swing as quick as I can before he decides not to like it AND impress DH with my quick decision AND support a locally owned business. I just gave a quick peak to the BB book and saw Graco Open Top swing.

Well, I paid $70 bucks for a Graco open-top, 3 speed swing. That's it. No toy bar nothing. After I furiously put it together, nursing cranky DS between assemblage tasks (and fixing a poop mess he left on the sofa :( ) I was quite disappointed. I stuck DS in it and looked at babiesrus.com and see they have better swings for the same frickin price! 6 speed, 3 position seat recline, cute bear mobile, toy bar, 15 songs, etc, etc.

I called DH crying.

I want a new swing.

Should I just buy a good one online and try to return this one (i have no idea what there return policy is, again so unlike me)?

To top it off, at the store I had put DS in one of the 6 speed swings with all the bells and whistles and his eyes just lit up and he loved it. Then I buy this piece o' crud. I'm terrible, I gave poor DS the bait and switch! Terrible mommy.

jec2
02-20-2004, 12:01 PM
:)

bluej
02-20-2004, 12:44 PM
You are cracking me up! Were you able to return the first swing? I was going to respond that a six speed is a must in our house, but since you've already upgraded I guess you don't need that info!

jec2
02-20-2004, 01:35 PM
I don't know if they'll return it. I am almost embarrassed to ask and might make DH do it. After I bought the new cool swing at the crack of dawn online this morning I crawled back into bed happy about it but still kicking myself that I was so hasty so now I might have spent $140 on swings in the past 18 hours :( Just think of the diapers I could have bought and that Hanna order that is sitting in my "cart." DH laughed and said well, we can have an indoor and outdoor swing. Isn't he sweet?!

papal
02-21-2004, 12:15 AM
Juliet... i am just imagining your mad dash to the store and then the putting the swing together between feedings and the rest of it and LAUGHING MY HEAD OFF!! That is too funny. Hope they take the crud swing back and glad Finn likes his new swing!! :)

pritchettzoo
02-21-2004, 01:11 AM
Return it. Tell them DS hated it and screamed his adorable little head off. If they won't take it (you could call first to avoid public humiliation ;)), then take it back to BRU/TRU.

Also, Finn's going to be grabbing at the bars of that type of swing really soon. I'd recommend one like the FP Aquarium Swing. The support bars are in the back, so he won't be able to grab onto them and hurt himself. DD *loves* hers. She slept in it until she was 4 months old. We got our money's worth out of that sucker!

Anna
Mama to Gracie (9/16/03)

ETA: Okay, I can't read. Which cool swing did you get??