PDA

View Full Version : was your kettler scratched up at all?

etwahl
02-21-2004, 10:23 AM
i just opened the box and haven't taken everything out yet, but did take the seat out and the yellow handlebar. the blue plastic seat has scratches all along the top, and the handlebar has 3 nicks out of the paint.

just wondering if anyone else had this problem.

what should i do? if anything? should i just not care?

Tammy,
Mom to Lauren Genevieve
03/12/2003
www.evantammy.com

NEVE and TRISTAN
02-21-2004, 10:35 AM
I would expect it to be 100% perfect and so would Debbie. Call OD ...for the price it should not be all scratched up!!!!

We might look back one day and laugh at ourselves ar carrying when our children scratch it But still you shouldn't get it scratched...
Neve
http://home.nc.rr.com/ourbabytristan
AKA "mama2be"-forgot password
and Baby Boy Tristan born @UNC
Feb 25, 2003
Brother to 3 pups "gees" and 2 kitties

etwahl
02-21-2004, 10:45 AM
i just left her a msg. i'm irritated, not at debbie, because i know it's not her fault, just at the prospect of having ot deal with returning and not putting it together immediately. i don't do the post office or any mail thing for that matter!

you're right that it will get scratched by the kids, but yeah, i hate starting out that way. although at this point, i think it's easier just to keep it, kwim?

Tammy,
Mom to Lauren Genevieve
03/12/2003
www.evantammy.com

nigele
02-21-2004, 02:32 PM
I agree with Neve! You definitely should speak with Debbie and get a replacement. I know how disappointed you must be to have to deal with this but for the price of a Kettler (even with a discount) it should be 100% perfect! Also, Kettler is supposed to have a really good warranty on their paint.

egoldber
02-21-2004, 02:53 PM
Well, Sarah used hers outside all last summer and there isn't a scratch on it. Dirt yes, but no scratches!

HTH,

nicurn96
02-21-2004, 04:19 PM
I just opened mine up after reading your post and ours is pretty scratched up too, especially the top of the seatback. Please post what OD says to see if it is worth me trying to replace our too. Thanks!
Lisa
Mommy to Lydia~5/13/2003

emmiem
02-21-2004, 04:39 PM
I ordered mine earlier than the coop from a different website. My main frame was scratched. I contacted the company and they told me to call Kettler for warranty replacement. I called Kettler and got a replacemnent piece in under a week. I don't think they package their trikes very well.
emmie

muskiesusan
02-21-2004, 04:58 PM
Same as with Beth. We used ours all summer, AND I ran over it with my 4 Runner, still no stratches.

Susan
Mom to Nicholas 10/01/01
& Baby #2 due 4/23/04!!!!

COElizabeth
02-21-2004, 05:02 PM
Well, I don't think ours was too scratched at first, but you should see it now after DH put it together last night! There are definitely some scratches! Same with our ultra-deluxe climber/slide/tunnel/clubhouse. I do my best to hold my tongue, because both would still be spread in pieces on the floor if I had to try to figure out those instruction manuals! :)

Elizabeth, Mom to James, 9-20-02

etwahl
02-21-2004, 05:54 PM
lisa, she is going to talk to kettler on monday and get back to me. i'll post what she said at that point!

Tammy,
Mom to Lauren Genevieve
03/12/2003
www.evantammy.com

JMarie
02-22-2004, 11:42 PM
Just saw this post and checked Aidan's trike (DH put it together before I got home from work...). There are some pretty beat-up spots on it that could not have occurred from being parked in our living room. I'll have to make a call in the morning...

Tammy, let us know what you hear.

Jennifer
Mom to Aidan Christopher
01/28/03

westchicagomom
06-03-2004, 05:06 PM
What ever happened w/ your scratched trikes?

I just took mine out out of the box and both the seat and the handlebars are scratched up. The seat scratches I MIGHT be able to live w/, but the handlebars have deeply chipped paint along one whole side of the handlebar (in fact the plastic bag covering the handlebar has big holes and blue paint on it).

I too totally hate returning things via mail - so I am curious as to what happened w/ your damaged trikes.

Thanks!

votre_ami03
06-03-2004, 06:31 PM
Pam that is good to know. Sorry it happened to you, but I will be checking mine out.

Also excited to hear it has arrived. I am so excited.

Christy, mommy to Nolan 7/22/03

nicurn96
06-03-2004, 07:58 PM
I decided that just the seat was really bad. I called Kettler and they sent a new seat, no questions asked, really fast.

HTH
Lisa
Mommy to Lydia~5/13/2003

westchicagomom
06-03-2004, 09:07 PM
Lisa, thanks for your reply.

Were you part of the last co-op? I don't know if being part of the co-op complicates things or not. They didn't ask any questions about purchase date, where from etc.?

If so did you even deal w/ Debbie or go straight to Kettler? I hate to bother her if I don't need to.

Also did they make you send the damaged piece back? I really hate returning stuff!

Sorry so many questions - I am just hoping to benefit from someone else's experience (and I have a feeling out of 80 trikes, mine isn't going to be the only one damaged - Kettler really could do a much better job packaging things to avoid this situation - the seat wasn't covered at all!)

Thanks!

etwahl
06-03-2004, 09:13 PM
i didn't bother. i thought about it, but 1) forgot 2) dh didn't want to have to take it apart and put it back together with new parts, and 3) i decided i could live with it, and that probably would suffer more damage with use.

sorry i can't be more help!

Tammy,
Mom to Lauren Genevieve
03/12/2003
www.evantammy.com

NEVE and TRISTAN
06-03-2004, 09:54 PM
I think Kettler is who the warrenty is with...I'd call them they will ask for the number on the trike so have that with you.
I have heard that they are very easy to deal with...

No the "co-op" has nothing to do with your warentee or how you handle the problem, it is the same as it would be if bought anywhere else, but I don't think you should use the word "co-op" with them, since it really was not one if that makes sense???

But call Kettler it will all work out I am certain!!!!
Keep us posted...
Neve
http://home.nc.rr.com/ourbabytristan
AKA "mama2be"-forgot password
and Baby Boy Tristan born @UNC
Feb 25, 2003
Brother to 3 pups "gees" and 2 kitties

nicurn96
06-03-2004, 10:42 PM
Yes, I was part of the last co-op.

No, I didn't call Debbie at all, I just called Kettler. They didn't ask any info about where I bought it or anything. The only thing they needed was the model number.

No, I didn't have to send it back. They just mailed me a new seat. I kept the other one just in case DD messes up the new one. (not likely but I am a pack rat)

HTH

Lisa
Mommy to Lydia~5/13/2003

westchicagomom
06-03-2004, 11:30 PM
Lisa - thanks so much for some concrete information.

My first instinct when I get something damaged is to contact the retailer, but I didn't want to unnecessarily bother Debbie.

And I was hoping Kettler wouldn't ask too many questions because I didn't want to get Debbie involved if I could avoid it. I guess they must be pretty used to this happening!

Thanks again!