PDA

View Full Version : Baby bath tub

tbaker018
02-22-2004, 05:53 PM
What kind should I register for?

Wouldn't bathing an infant in the kitchen sink be easier on the back than in the big bath tub?

If I bathe in the sink, I want something for support. What do I get?
Or, should I just "suck it up" and get the Eurobath for the big tub?

If I bathe in the sink, how how big is too big to continue, before I have to move to the big tub?

Please help! I have an upcoming shower this weekend!

cuca_
02-22-2004, 06:45 PM
Let me start by saying that I have no experience with the Eurobath. Because of space limitations we purchased the Safety First folding tub for DD. We used that tub in the sink until she could sit (not on her own, but would stay in sitting position), which I think was close to 6 mos. Once she was able to stay sitted we bought a bath ring to use in the bathtub. Despite reading mixed reviews here, I went ahead and purchased the folding tub, and loved it. It was so comfortable for me. I plopped it in the sink and bathed DD there. I used one of those bear-shaped sponges the first few months. While a lot of people here rave about the Eurobath, I decided that it was too big, and would take up to much space in our tiny bathrooms. However, I know a lot of people really like it. If you do a search you can probably find old threads were the Eurobath is reviewed.

Hope this helps.

Carmen

Momof3Labs
02-22-2004, 09:43 PM
We use the Eurotub (still) and love it.

The problem I would see with the kitchen sink is two-fold plus a whammy. You want to keep the sink clean enough for baby to bathe in it (especially after dealing with, say, raw chicken) AND be able to clean the sink well enough AFTER baby bathes in it, since babies tend to pee and sometimes even poop in their bathwater. The whammy is that whatever cleaner you use to clean the sink every time can't be irritating to baby's skin, since some residue may be left in the sink. Too much for a sleep-deprived, stressed new mommy to deal with, IMO, for every single bath!!

stillplayswithbarbies
02-22-2004, 10:21 PM
we got the Primo Infant Bather for use in the sink. It's made by the same company that makes the Eurotub and it works great.

Once she got too big for the sink, we started using the Eurotub.

...Karen
Jacob Nathaniel Feb 91
Logan Elizabeth Mar 03

Tequillacowgirl
02-22-2004, 10:53 PM
I am planning on buying the showerbaby, which is a combo bath/changing table that folds up. The web site: showerbaby.com

KMommie
02-23-2004, 02:23 AM
We bought an extra large rubbermaid that fit in the sink. We stuffed it with a Safer Bather, to help DD sit up in there. We LOVED washing her in the sink, and the plastic dishtub made it easy for clean up. We washed everything out and hung it up to dry in our upstairs bathtub. I was really sad to move DD into the big tub. We waited until she really didn't fit anymore, which for her was about a month ago (22 pounds, 9 months old).

Jeannie
mommy to Kiki 4/18/03