PDA

View Full Version : Silly question about detergent...

jlo331
02-23-2004, 07:16 PM
So, this might seem dumb or obvious BUT...using Tide Free, Dreft, etc. for laundry detergent - are you then not supposed to use a dryer sheet/fabric softener in the dryer? If you can, must they also be a "free" product (free from dye, etc.)

???

etwahl
02-23-2004, 08:08 PM
we use Tide Free and Bounce Free. works great for us!

Tammy,
Mom to Lauren Genevieve
03/12/2003
www.evantammy.com

Marisa6826
02-23-2004, 08:39 PM
We've always used All Baby Care. I could probably switch her to the Tide with Bleach that we use on our clothes, but I really like the smell of her little outfits ;)

But when Sophie was **brand** new, I didn't use the dryer sheets. I think I probably started using Bounce (regular version) at about 8 weeks old.

-m

C99
02-23-2004, 10:24 PM
I still don't used dryer sheets/fabric softener in the dryer on Nate's clothing or diapers. They build up and lower the absorbancy of fabric.

amp
02-24-2004, 12:08 AM
We use All Free & Clear detergent and wash all DS's clothing with ours. I generally use Downy Free in the wash, but occasionally will use a dryer sheet (not "Free"), but that's usually just on our percale sheets because I dont' want fabric softner spots on them.

heidi_timms
02-24-2004, 02:17 AM
We were using All free and Downy free and had to switch. DD has ecxema so now I had to start using Dreft and white vinegar for softner. It actually works good and doesn't leave any scent except for the Dreft scent.

~Heidi
Mom to Kailey Ashlin
4/27/03

Melanie
02-24-2004, 03:50 AM
That's interesting...I thought the Dreft 'scent' would be bad for eczema? I guess not.

We use Sport Wash on Ds' clothing. It does not leave any residues therefore no softner is needed. I'd use it on everything, but it's too costly. We use whatever I find at Trader Joe's for our clothing and a dryer sheet when Dh is paying attention (he hates the static, but I don't like the sheets).