PDA

View Full Version : Gym/Playmat questions

June Mommy
02-24-2004, 05:53 PM
Ok, now I need your help choosing a gym/playmat to register for. I have it narrowed down to 3, and I like them all and they all have good reviews and are similar in price. I'd love to hear your experience with them to help me decide!
Tiny Love Gymini Deluxe: Noah's Ark
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B00000J4TE/qid=1077658188/br=1-6/ref=br_lf_ba_6//002-7887259-6616050?v=glance&s=baby&n=548052

Gymini Super Deluxe Light and Music
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B000067K0L/qid=1077658354/br=1-3/ref=br_lf_ba_3//002-7887259-6616050?v=glance&s=baby&n=548052

Baby Einstin Discover and Play Activity Gym
http://www.target.com/gp/detail.html/ref=pd_ecc_rvi_3/601-4798041-0940164?asin=B0000936LR

Thanks for your help!

sadie427
02-24-2004, 10:10 PM
We have the "super deluxe" and Sammy really likes it--started lying in there and actually looking at stuff around 3 months, now at 6 months he can lie in there and grab stuff for quite a while, and also likes to play in it sitting up. But at least up until now we could do without the lights and music--he doesn't really notice it so far. Maybe when he's crawling, or old enough to press down to make the music play--but I think a model without the lights and music would be fine. The toys are all great though, better than other older models I've seen,

MelissaTC
02-24-2004, 11:13 PM
We had the Noah's Ark. DS loved it! We bought some more things to hang on there and he was mesmerized!

pritchettzoo
02-24-2004, 11:39 PM
I have the Baby Einstein mat and DD enjoys playing on it. She happily lies there for about 15 minutes while I shower, brush my teeth, etc. Today she started rolling and rolling and rolling and wound up on the tile, so now I have to come up a new shower plan.

I found it for $5 cheaper at Stein Mart than Target.

A friend has the Gymini. It's larger than the Baby Einstein and has really cool stuff on it. I don't know that I would prefer it because it would not fit in my bathroom floor. Otherwise, it's really neat. DD enjoyed playing with it while at their house the other night.

The Tiny Love (IMO) is the most boring and I would definitely go with one of the other two.

Anna
Mama to Gracie (9/16/03)

Eloise36
02-28-2004, 08:26 AM
We have the Baby Einstein Discover and Play Activity Gym, and DS loves it now that he's 5 months (he was indifferent to it at 3-4 months). It comes with a little pillow that DS can use for support. I also read somewhere that the bars are higher on the Baby Einstein, which may fit bigger babies better.

- Louise and James (9/29/03)

mom to little e
02-28-2004, 09:34 AM
My 4 mo. son loves his mat! We have the "Gymini Super Deluxe Light and Music" that you were considering. We bought a few extra toys to hang and we change them out often for some variety. One of his favorite was the addition of the windchimes. He loves grabbing and kicking those and they don't have a terrible sound (I like the sound they make). He also loves looking in the mirror that comes with the mat. He has been using his mat for about six weeks or so and really does get excited with it.

mharling
02-28-2004, 12:43 PM
Ds LOVED the Baby Einstein one.

It looks like there are people who have liked all of these. I would probably pick the one the fits your space best and that you like best. Good luck!!

Mary
Lane 4/6/03

sarasprings
02-29-2004, 04:31 PM
DS loved his light and music gymini. We got a lot of use out of it. I bought it mostly for the mirror (he hated tummy time). He loved the animals at first, then the mirror, then the lights and music. Even after we took the cross bars down, he spent quite a bit of time hitting different parts of the mat in order to get the music to play. We put it away just after his first birthday. He still loves the animals. We feed some in the morning and the giraffe dances on his head during tough moments when we're in the car.

HelenD
03-01-2004, 11:06 AM
DD has the Gymini Lights and Music and she LOVES it. It was worth every penny we spent and MORE.

To date (about 5 months) she hasn't really cared about the lights and music, but we're not sad we spent the extra $20 for it. I will say that the tone or something is not right on the classic music...it's just *off* somehow.

I don't think it matters too much which one you get - I do recommend that whichever one you get, you can put other toys on it easily. That's makes a big difference for us. We got extra toys to hang on there for variety and as long as you can do that, any of them will do, I'd think.

DD LOVES, LOVES, LOVES the Lamaze toys. Freddie the Firefly, Trotter the Pony, PupSqueek, and Allie Cat are her favorites things to see on the Gymini. Oh, and she has always loved the Monkey that comes w/ the set. You can get the Lamaze toys at BRU or thru Amazon. Here's link for them:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/sim-explorer/explore-items/-/B00005V95L/0/101/1/baby/purchase/ref=pd_sexpl_x_ba/104-2440461-7189507

slecompte
03-02-2004, 09:24 PM
Baby Einstein for sure!! DD loves it! We have Super Gymini also and she never liked it. The BE has the star in the middle she could look up at and see the lights. I highly recommend it!

Sheila