PDA

View Full Version : Which "Wiggles" DVD(s) should I get now that DS is hooked?

boys2enough
02-28-2004, 02:48 PM
Gabriel is 15 months old, and yesterday he sat through the 30-min tape of Wiggles yummy yummy. This was the first time he ever sat still for such long period of time. I was amazed. I went on line thinking I'd get him some other Wiggles DVDs, but was totally confused: there are so many of them.

Any recommendations for which of their DVDs are better for younger tots? TIA! Cheers, Lin

kelly ann
02-28-2004, 03:34 PM
Hello Lin-

Welcome to the world of the Wiggles! My son (16 months) will also just sit and watch them - only video that has this effect on him. We have almost all of them, but another good second one is Hoop-Dee-Doo. My all time favorite is the second Christmas one - Yule be wigglin', but obviously it is not good if you celebrate something other than Christmas...there are reindeer, santa, nativity scenes, etc.

You can also try visiting your local library to rent the Wiggles videos/DVDs to see if you like a particular one. I would stay away from DVDs that don't have a lot of music (Space Dancing and the Wiggly movie)

Before you know it you will be humming Fruit Salad Yummy Yummy out of the blue :)

Kelly Ann

boys2enough
02-28-2004, 03:48 PM
Thank you so much! Out of all the "complete collections" you have at home, ;-), is there anyone that your DS particularly likes? I think Yummy Yummy seems to be everybody's favorite. :)

"Before you know it you will be humming Fruit Salad Yummy Yummy out of the blue :)"

No kidding. After watching that yesterday, I actually dreamed about the music last night, and can't seem to get the music out of my head still! lol. Lin

egoldber
02-28-2004, 05:01 PM
Personally, I would recommend just taping the shows off the TV. I have a few Wiggles videos and I think their videos are in general very disappointing. Toot Toot and Wake Up Jeff are also OK, but I would save your money and just tape them.

HTH,

jd11365
02-29-2004, 01:23 PM
Yup...we TiVo them so she can watch them whenever... I would just tape them as Beth suggested and save your money.

As for the Fruit Salad song...DH has been humming it all WEEK!

Jamie
Mommy to Kayla
May '03

boys2enough
02-29-2004, 10:00 PM
Thank you ladies. unfortunately we don't receive the channel that has the Wiggles on. (I didn't even know they are on TV!)

I've been humming their music all day, I mean, ALL DAY! this is detrimental to my love life... lol.

nicurn96
03-01-2004, 12:00 AM
My dd is only 9 months but she loves them too. We snuggle in bed in the morning and watch them while Mommy wakes up. I found some this weekend at Sam's to save for future gifts. They were a box set with a DVD and a stuff toy. We got 3 of them(Dance party, Yummy Yummy, and Animal Safari) with 3 different toys(Dorthy, Wags, and Henry) they were $15.00 a piece.

Lisa
Mommy to Lydia~5/13/2003

Vajrastorm
03-01-2004, 01:26 AM
I just bought the Safari DVD for my almost 5 month old. She's young, but she loves them! The Baby Einstein videos did nothing for her, but I noticed she likes music videos on TV. She has gotten old enough that I don't want her watching music videos on MTV or VH1. Enter the Wiggles! Yippee.

(For the record, we're not a big tv family but Aine is high needs, and once in a while I need 10 minutes of NOT holding the baby.)

August Mom
03-01-2004, 01:31 AM
You may want to search the archives for additional suggestions. I seem to remember that Wiggle Time and Wiggly Wiggly World were suggested and that Dance Party was panned. DH recently bought Top of the Tots. I think that this will be good when DS is older, but it's more educational and less singing and dancing, so DS prefers Yummy Yummy at this point.

peasprout
03-01-2004, 03:40 PM
DD loves Yummy Yummy and Dance Party. We bought Magical Adventure, but there's too much talking in that one. It's more like a movie so DD loses interest fast. I would also recommend getting some CDs to play in the car or at home. Every morning DD grabs the remote, points to the tv and sways her hips side to side, indicating that she wants to watch the Wiggles. :) I try to limit her to one show a day, so to prevent any tantrums or melt-downs, I'll play the music instead.

kelly ann
03-01-2004, 04:15 PM
We also started playing the CDs recently as to limit the amount of time DS is in front of the tv. However, half the time we have the CD playing he will still sit and watch the tv - it is off so what is he watching??? His all time favorite is 'Hot Potato'. We sing that to him at the doctor's office!

MartiesMom2B
03-02-2004, 03:36 PM
We started with Yummy Yummy. It's full of catchy songs that will never leave your head. DD loves them. We just added Wiggle Time and it has good songs too. I like them because they are mostly songs. DD loses interests in the skits and talking. So I think these two are good for the younger set.

Sonia
Proud Mommy to Martie 4/6/03