PDA

View Full Version : Does your baby like their push walker? (Radio Flyer or other)

jubilee
03-01-2004, 12:39 AM
I read thru the archives and found many people said they were giving their baby a push walker for the holidays or birthday. I was hoping you'd follow up and let me know if it was a hit or not. Since Logan's birthday is around the corner, I am considering one. I was interested in the Parent's Around the Block Walker, but I can't find them anywhere since they clearanced them out. So other suggestions and reviews are appreciated, especially if you have the Radio Flyer walker.

Lucia
03-01-2004, 12:59 AM
Yes! DS loves his Radio Flyer walker and so do the other kids who come over for playdates! DS goes all over the house with it and constantly fills and dumps items from the wagon part. I love the ability to add traction (we have very slippery tile floors). It is also very sturdy, well made and sure to last for a long time unlike some of the plastic walkers. And even though DS is getting pretty good at walking without any support, I am confident that the wagon will be a popular item in our home because he loves filling it up with all the treasures he finds in the house!

We were able to get a great deal ($25) on the wagon...found it on sale at Ross when we were on vacation in Guam. You might want to check out E-bay...we just bought the little radio flyer Tiny Trike (brand new) for a good price ($25).

Have fun! It is so exciting to see them toddle around!

Lucia
mom to Noah 2/2003

McQ
03-01-2004, 11:07 AM
Declan loves all of his push toys. He has the Radio Flyer #12, some no-name wooden push shape shorter from Tuesday morning, and then a plastic Playskool one. He loves being able to be mobile. Just this weekend he was able to figure out "reverse" when he walked into a wall/cabinet ~ he'd back up and turn the push toy until he could go forward again. They're great!

Allison
~ mommy to Declan 3.24.03

amp
03-01-2004, 11:36 AM
DS isn't walking with his yet (Parents Around the Block), but he does pull up on it, pull blocks out of it, play w/ the beads on it, climb on it (!) and if it moves, he can keep up with it a little bit. I'm sure as he starts to walk, he will use it more. Right now he cruises furniture constantly, so it's just a matter of time!

bluej
03-01-2004, 12:20 PM
Ryden loves his Parents Around the Block walker! He's quite good at keeping up w/ it. He has to use pretty much all of his body weight to get it going, but once it gets going and the faster it goes (he uses it on carpet) the more he likes it. He also likes to try to 'run over' his siblings w/ it. Good thing he can't turn it or he'd surely be a hellion w/ it!

Momof3Labs
03-01-2004, 04:01 PM
Colin has loved his push toys for a long time. He started playing with them before he could walk, and still loves to push them around the house (the Little Tykes shopping cart gets taken on laps almost every day). When we go to someone else's house, he goes nuts over almost any push toy they have. Oh, and he's been walking for almost 7 months, so this isn't just a passing fancy!

mattysmom
03-01-2004, 09:52 PM
We just got the Sensational Beginnings catalogue and I think they show the Parents' Around the Block Walker in it - check it out! We have the Radio Flyer #12 (with the bumper). We've been very happy with it in the month that we've had it. DS just turned one and we got it as a late Christmas present. In this short time, DS has become much more confident and agile in his walking abilities (he still holds on, but is getting close!) He does laps up and down our den - it's really fun to watch and he's so proud of his progress. And he loves to put his favorite toys inside - and today he decided that HE'D get inside and wait to be pushed. Good luck with your decision!

alexsmommy
03-02-2004, 10:29 AM
Alex absolutely loves his Radio Flyer Walker Wagon. He got it for his first b-day and as soon as we put it together he took off. He loves being mobile - and will push chairs around if he isn't near his wagon. I love the wagon because unlike some other walkers he's tried at friends houses, the RF doesn't get away from him on our hardwood floors.
Alaina - Mom to Alex 2-4-03

missym
03-02-2004, 02:25 PM
Gwen got the Radio Flyer wagon #12 and the Little Tykes Racer for Christmas, and loves them both. She actually prefers to push the racer around because she can go faster with it (no resistance). She likes putting toys in and out of the wagon, and we like it because it doubles as a toy box!

Missy, mom to Gwen 03/03

etwahl
03-02-2004, 05:02 PM
just curious what you all think. lauren's just starting to pull up and wondering how long she'd play with it.

ALSO, any good deals you've found lately on these?

Tammy,
Mom to Lauren Genevieve
03/12/2003
www.evantammy.com

Momof3Labs
03-02-2004, 05:46 PM
Tammy, see my post above. Push toys in general have been winners in our house for a good 8 months, from the time that Colin was cruising pretty well.

deborah_r
03-02-2004, 10:54 PM
Is the #12 "the" one to get for the learing-to-walk crowd? Does anyone have a different one? The links on Radio Flyer's website keep telling me Toys R Us, but will I really find one there, or does that just mean they carry "some" Radio Flyer products?

And lastly, can it be used outside?

McQ
03-03-2004, 11:38 AM
I wouldn't say the #12 is "the" one. I actually liked the looks of #11 better but we got the #12 because of the bumper. Declan likes anything he can walk behind including the cheapo walker we have and even our kitchen stools. It could go outside; I'd never even considered that.

TRU does carry some Radio Flyer but not all of their products and not the #12. Lots of us here bought ours from http://www.redwagons.com/ I just checked and their 10% off code still works. It's first10

Allison

deborah_r
03-03-2004, 01:13 PM
Thanks Allison!

I just might order one and try to find someplace to stash it in my tiny apt until his birthday! Knowing DH, he won't be able to wait and Kai will be playing with it in a couple of weeks!

cinrein
03-04-2004, 09:07 AM
Julie,

I saw some of the Parent's Around the Block Walkers at BJs last time I was there. I think they have been there a while, but there were still a few left. If you have one nearby, it wouldn't hurt to check.

We have the Radio Flyer walker wagon with the bumper. Anna loves this toy. She will walk behind it and push it even now that she's fully cruising and can walk about 6 steps unassisted. She mostly loves to load stuff up in the wagon, push it around, and then plop herself next to it and empty it. I find more stuff stashed in that wagon. :)

Cindy and Anna 2/11/03

McQ
03-04-2004, 10:20 AM
Anna's going to have to teach Declan that trick. Emptying it is no problem. Filling it back up, that's another story all together :)

Allison

ppshah
03-04-2004, 11:14 AM
I ordered from redwagons.com. Thanks you for the discount code!!! In case anyone else is interested it came to $58 with free shipping. It was the best price I could find anywhere-There is a #11 on ebay. I love these message boards- I don't buy anything before checking it out here first!!!

Unfortunately I don't think it will arrive before DS's birthday but he is cruising now so I think it will be perfect!!!

gour0
03-04-2004, 10:22 PM
Ben loves his! He pushes it down the hall and back (when I turn it around for him).

http://pages.ivillage.com/gour0/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/wagon1.jpg
http://pages.ivillage.com/gour0/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/wagon2.jpg
http://pages.ivillage.com/gour0/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/wagon.jpg
http://pages.ivillage.com/gour0/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/wagon4.jpg

jubilee
03-05-2004, 02:21 AM
What a cutie!! He has a lot of hair! We have hair envy, because Logan still just has whisps of hair... LOL