PDA

View Full Version : Trikes question

amp
03-02-2004, 06:45 PM
For those of you whose kids are using them now or have in the past, at what age were they interested in and able to pedal on a tricycle? I've heard that the metal trikes are harder to pedal (pedals are on the front wheel) than the plastic kind, but metal is the kind we'd prefer, I think. And I don't know when we should be considering such a thing. I would assume he wouldn't be able to ride one till about 1.5-2 yrs, but I know lots of you bought Kettlers recently.

emmiem
03-02-2004, 10:12 PM
My DD just turned 3 and can not turn the pedals. We locked the steering column on the Kettler so we can push and learn to pedal.
Michele

MinnieMouse
03-03-2004, 01:13 AM
Beth is 2.5 and got her trike in October...not much chance since to practice pedaling. We were out and about on Saturday and she was trying hard...almost got it. Just a few more tries and she'll have it down.

Our neighbor's dd just turned 2 and she's great on her trike. But they have a full basement with lots of room to practice all winter.

HTH

Christine

cma
03-03-2004, 08:39 PM
DD learned how to use the pedals in January...just a month shy of being 2 1/2. We've had our Happy since she was 18 months...but she always relied on us to use the pushbar. We took it off and she just started providing her own pedal power.

She also just learned how to use the brake, but she also likes being a little dare devil! My grey hairs are multiplying!

HTH