PDA

View Full Version : Kettler trike for 1st birthday?

jd11365
03-02-2004, 11:14 PM
DH seems to think this is a better X-mas (18 month) or 2 yr. birthday present. Whaddya think?

Jamie
Mommy to Kayla
May '03

JMarie
03-03-2004, 12:00 AM
We gave the trike to Aidan for his first birthday and he LOVES it! He fits nicely on the Jumbo - although the seatbelt is a must at this point - and is able to reach the handlebars. We considered holding off until summer when he would be older, but we're glad we were too impatient! Good luck - it's a great ride!

Jennifer
Mom to Aidan Christopher
01/28/03

August Mom
03-03-2004, 01:28 AM
I think it depends on the size of your child. My mom was set on getting DS a Kettler for his first birthday. We tried some out and he was just too small for it. We tried again before Christmas and he was still too small. So, now we're thinking it will be a second birthday present.

nathansmom
03-03-2004, 01:36 AM
We bought it for Nathan's first birthday. He can't reach the pedals but he loves to ride it. The best money we've spent on a toy. Every morning he rushes out to his trike and climbs onto it. Then he screams until someone comes and pushes him around. Don't think a minute trip around the house works, its a good half hour before he'll get off the trike.

cinrein
03-04-2004, 09:15 AM
Anna enjoys her Kettler, but she's not really using it as a tricycle. She's not powering the bike on her own at all, but she does love to be pushed around on anything with wheels. The Kettler is nice because is has the seatbelt to hold her in and the push bar to save your back.

Anna's grandparents got her the Little Tykes Coupe. It also has a push bar for parents. Anna loves riding in that more than the Kettler because the coupe has buttons she can push. I think she's also a bit more secure in the coupe. It also can hold some toys to take along for the ride. :)

Cindy and Anna 2/11/03

emmiem
03-04-2004, 04:12 PM
A trike is probably more appropriate for a 2 or even 3 year old depending on their height and weight. If you look on Kettler's website, it tells you what height they need to be to reach the pedals. My small 3 year old can just now reach the pedals but does not know yet how to move them. A better choice for a first birthday would be a wagon or cozy coupe.
Michele