PDA

View Full Version : Advice about overstuffed-type chairs? PBK or Babystyle type.

etwahl
03-03-2004, 10:41 AM
we still use a bouncer for video watching, although i watch her the entire time, knowing it could tip as has happened to some (hasn't come close yet though).

wondering when your kids used the overstuffed chairs like the ones you buy at PBK or Babystyle? when did they sit in it? at what age did they sit in it safely? do you think they're worth it? any advice on buying one of these, would be great.

Tammy,
Mom to Lauren Genevieve
03/12/2003
www.evantammy.com

lmintzer
03-03-2004, 02:03 PM
Jack absolutely adores his denim overstuffed chair from PB Kids. His grandma got it for him for his 2nd birthday, but he probably could have sat in it earlier (maybe around 18 months or so). He uses it for videos or to curl up in next to me when I am nursing Joshua.

Prior to the chair, he sat upright in a Combi activity rocker which has a higher weight limit than a traditional bouncer. I believe it holds kids up to 25 lbs.

Lisa
& Jack, 4/20/01
& Joshua, 11/16/03

boys2enough
03-03-2004, 03:59 PM
Not sure whether these are up to par with your sense of style and quality, but I saw some stuffed animal rockers yesterday at Sam's Club. They look very comfy. HTH.

colleenfs
03-03-2004, 04:49 PM
I got Julia a similar chair from TRU for just $45 last summer when she was 18 months. It holds up to 100 pounds, I think. She loves to sit in it when she watches TV.

~Colleen
Mama to Julia 1-10-02

teddy
03-03-2004, 05:07 PM
I just came back from Marshall's and saw a whole bunch of these type of chairs. Some were squishy and some were more tailored, but all were cute and I almost got one. Maybe for Easter...

blnony
03-03-2004, 09:39 PM
Audrey started using hers at about 11 months, but she was walking by then. She still loves that PBK chair. Loves it. It cracks me up, we had her name put on hers, and if you ask her where is her name, she points to and says "dadry" :D Too cute. She likes to sit in "her chair" and watch a video or just read books and color. She loves this chair.
And so far everything from milk, crayons, markers and mashed up cheese has washed out of it without nary a stain. Big thumbs up.

etwahl
03-03-2004, 09:58 PM
oh thanks brianna! that's such a sweet story :) i love it when they try to say their names :) what fabric did you get? i'm sort of intrigued by the lime green, although that's internet only. we're going to be at a PBK this weekend, so we can see what we think then. i doubt they do the custom (adding a name) in the store though.

i just looked in the catalog and it is such a sweet chair!!! and on sale for $99 right now.

Tammy,
Mom to Lauren Genevieve
03/12/2003
www.evantammy.com

jd11365
03-03-2004, 10:29 PM
Kayla LOVES hers...started using it this past month at 9 months old...

Jamie
Mommy to Kayla
May '03

August Mom
03-03-2004, 11:29 PM
DS got a PBK chair in blue corduroy for his 1st birthday and he loves it. He uses it as a climber just as much as a chair. LOL It is very sturdy and comfy.

kaitlinsmommy
03-04-2004, 02:28 AM
DD also loves her PBK chair that we gave her for her 1st bday. A friend's dd has the Babystyle chair and it is quite a bit smaller. They are cute but I didn't think she'd get as much use out of it.