PDA

View Full Version : kinderzeat co-op interest?

Samraelanelevi
03-05-2004, 06:54 PM
I decided to make this a separate post so that many people will see it and respond.

How many of you would purchase a Kinderzeat from a co-op if we got a good price for them?

I have an email into GB right now and want to be able to tell them how many people are interested. This is just the starting spot and I need an idea so hopefully the store will feel it is worth a co-op. I will find out more details hopefully next week and if this store does not want to do it then I will try a few others.

I decided to go with GB first b/c of how great they were with the Britax car seats and I know they are also talking about doing one for strollers (check out the stroller board if you need a new stroller).

Thanks and I hope I can get this to work for us.

Brenda

brigmaman
03-05-2004, 07:04 PM
I'd be interested. Thanks Brenda!

chrissyhowie
03-05-2004, 07:16 PM
I'd definitely be interested too!

(Just got my Britax Marathon from GB yesterday :)!)

spa
03-05-2004, 07:38 PM
Brenda, I think this is a great idea. If we get a good number, I know Philip (from PlayPen in Jackson, MS) would also be happy to get his fellow NINFRA members, like GB and the other retailers on the NINFRA website to cut a deal that the manufacturer would also be OK with... He says that Stokke is a hard company to get "deals" with, but with multiple retailers involved, there would be a better way to get the seats all shipped IN STOCK from various retailers. Does that make sense? Apparently, if this kind of retailer collaboration had happened with the Britax sale, we probably would've all gotten our carseats shipped immediately, instead of waiting for special orders. I think this makes the most sense.

Samraelanelevi
03-05-2004, 07:57 PM
I guess I don't understand? Are you saying you think we'd get better prices doing it with a collaboration? I really am not sure of the waiting period b/c with an order of 400 items there are bound to be some waits, kwim? How would we do a co-op with multiple stores? How would you knwo where to order from? I want this to be as easy and as simple for all parties as possible. Well I will wait and see what GB has to say and go from there. I will keep Phillip in mind though.

Brenda

JElaineB
03-05-2004, 09:20 PM
I am interested, but it would probably have to be a pretty hefty discount for me to actually purchase.

Jennifer
mom to Jacob 9/27/02

sc
03-05-2004, 09:30 PM
I am interested, too. & I might even buy 2 if the price is "very good". :-)

Would you please post the same message in the "Bargain Alert!" & "The Baby Bargains Lounge!" forum? I think we'll get more attention there.

(I missed the trike co-op b/c I only visited that 2 boards last month)

Susan

teddy
03-05-2004, 10:03 PM
Yes, I'm definitely interested, possibly in 2 seats, definitely in one! Thanks :)

amyliv
03-05-2004, 10:06 PM
yes, I would want one.Thanks! Amy

spa
03-05-2004, 10:20 PM
What Philip proposed was making it a co-op on both ends of the deal, from the consumer's perspective and the retailers'. NINFRA, the umbrella collective of baby stores that GB and PlayPen belong to, could secure a deal with Stokke so that say six of their stores would order a bulk stock of Kinderzeats at the same time as they offer us the group deal. That way multiple retailers benefit, the manufacturer is involved in the process, and there are more items in-stock. I'm not a schill for any retailer in particular, but I *do* think (from starting the misguided Mountainbuggy "co-op" thread and speaking to half a dozen retailers) that sharing the wealth and making sure the manufacturer blesses the deal is a good thing for everyone. Since the NINFRA members share a website, it would probably be relative easy to figure out how to order from the various retailers. Hope that makes sense.

ismommy
03-05-2004, 11:16 PM
I posted on the other thread but am posting on this one just in case. I would definilty be interested.
Thanks for organzing this.
Helene
mommy to Isabella

sarahfran
03-06-2004, 12:31 PM
I'm interested!

And I agree with you that I'm not sure the dual-sided co-op would be beneficial to us (but sounds like it would be for the stores). Sort of says "opportunity for price fixing" to me.

-Sarah
Mom to Dylan, 8/18/03

Motherhood is such a joy!

spa
03-06-2004, 01:46 PM
At the end of the day, I just want a good deal. But, I honestly don't see how dealing with multiple stores would lead to "price-fixing." If anything, dealing with multiple stores will be a better situation, because it means the manufacturer doesn't seem like it's showing one store preferential treatment by allowing it to undercut its competitors. It's pretty clear at this point that GB's Britax deal wasn't approved by the manufacturer, even though it "seems" like it was beneficial to both sides. If Britax got enough complaints about the sale, it could stop doing business altogether with GB... Doing a group sale with a collective would minimize the possibility of a co-op ruining one store's reputation with competitors and manufacturers, because it would actually involve competitors AND manufacturers.

spa
03-06-2004, 01:56 PM
Brenda, I totally will join the co-op no matter what. I just wanted to alert you to some of the pitfalls of dealing with one retailer exclusively when it comes to high-end products with narrow price ranges. :-) Sorry if I'm being a PITA, but I had an informative week and wanted to share what the various retailers had told me.

Samraelanelevi
03-06-2004, 02:09 PM
No problem. It gives me another option to check into. I think I will not be hearing from anyone until Monday so if I hear from GB and they say they do not want to then I have a couple other stores that I know sell the kinderzeat and I figure if nobody else wants it then I will ask Phillip about this. But I did not see his name as a store that sells the kinderzeat, so that may be a whole other issue.

Right now I figure it may be easier to get a store that already carries the kinderzeat. And I would prefer one that carries it in multiple colors. I know of one store that I have a "connection" with but they only carry one or two colors, so even though they are a great store I really wanted to offer more color options-if we can. Personally I want a bright fun color instead of plain brown but if the price is right I'd take what I could get.

Brenda

Milanns
03-06-2004, 04:47 PM
If the price were right I'd be interested too!

Ann
Mommy to Zane 03-04-03

amyinNC
03-06-2004, 11:25 PM
I'm interested.... Thanks, Amy

Eloise36
03-07-2004, 05:30 AM
I'm definitely interested. Thanks for checking into this!

hypermom
03-07-2004, 07:57 PM
I'm definitely interested in a

*S*****
**T****
***E***
****E**
*****P* discount(can't wait til the carseat arrives).

Tosa
mom to Viola 5/9/04

C99
03-07-2004, 11:40 PM
I'm with Jen on this. Interested, but not totally sure.

sarahfran
03-08-2004, 12:50 AM
Brenda,
Baby Bungalow might be another good one to check. They ran a free cushion / free shipping deal, and they have lots of yummy colors. I called them once with a question and had a very nice response--sounded like a mom/pop kind of organization.

Just an idea if your other avenues don't pan out!
-Sarah
Mom to Dylan, 8/18/03

:) Motherhood is such a joy! :)

Lynnie
03-08-2004, 10:40 AM
I am interested .... thanks !

McQ
03-08-2004, 12:34 PM
Oops. I posted on the other thread, but I'm interested in this too. Thanks!

Allison
~ mommy to Declan 3.24.03
and number 2 EDD 9.14.04

VickiH
03-08-2004, 10:45 PM
I'm interested too!

(accidentally posted in the other thread)

Unicorn Dreams
03-10-2004, 01:55 PM
Yes, I'd be interested in one, maybe two, if the price is under $150.

raynjen
03-10-2004, 11:42 PM
I would like one.

Sorry if this is a late post, I only read the toddler boards but found this on a search for 'Stokke'.

Thanks!

Jen in Okinawa
Mom to Noelle (2 1/3)

ErinP
03-11-2004, 01:41 AM
Count me in too!! Thanks!

sc
03-11-2004, 02:02 AM
>Baby Bungalow might be another good one to check. They ran a
>free cushion / free shipping deal, and they have lots of yummy
>colors.
>-Sarah
>Mom to Dylan, 8/18/03
>
>:) Motherhood is such a joy! :)

Babycatalog had the same offer a few weeks ago, but I'm not sure if they do co-op?

kijip
03-11-2004, 04:21 AM
Interested but would need the pricing info to decide. Would be interested in buying the cushion as well.

jakobsmommie
03-13-2004, 09:47 PM
I'm interested too!

COUNT ME IN!!

:-)

~*~Sandy~*~

Lynnie
03-14-2004, 11:51 AM
i have already responded and said that i was interested, but was wondering if you could maybe start a new post if something gets worked out, cause its hard to follow the long string of responses sometimes...(can you tell i have missed out on a couple things...)

that being said, i will call a couple of local baby stores here in fla and see if any of them would be willing to give us a deal, and if i am successful, i will respond here, and on a new, separate post for everyone :-) !

thanks !

kelly ann
03-15-2004, 12:03 PM
Brenda-

I am definitely interested.

Excellent idea!!!

kristine_elen
03-15-2004, 10:23 PM
I'd be interested!

stillplayswithbarbies
03-16-2004, 12:08 AM
I posted this in another thread, but I'll put it here too in case people missed it.

You can get a kinderzeat for $159 (20%off) at http://www.safebeginnings.com with group code HPW. Shipping seems reasonable.

...Karen
Jacob Nathaniel Feb 91
Logan Elizabeth Mar 03

amyinNC
03-16-2004, 12:54 PM
Hi Karen,

If anyone has a babycenter plus memberhsip - they have their 15% off storewide sale right now. That makes the kinderzeat $169, with a $5 oversize charge. There is no cost for shipping (with the membership again). So, for me, this worked out less than Safe Beginnings ($174 versus $182).

Hope that helps someone....
Amy

cimberdog
03-16-2004, 06:39 PM
I would be interested, depending on the price as well. I've been eyeing these for quite some time now!

Mom2Stephie
03-17-2004, 05:49 PM
I would definitely be interested in 1, maybe 2, Kinderzeats. Would we be limited to certain colors?