PDA

View Full Version : Wiggles Dance Party Review

August Mom
03-06-2004, 04:46 PM
Well, Dance Party wasn't a DVD on my list, but DS convinced DH that he had to have it. LOL (Apparently there was a large display at Target and to keep DS in the cart DH decided to buy it.

I recalled that this DVD was not recommended due to poor production quality. But, DH and DS had already watched it by the time I got home, so we own it.

First and foremost, DS seems to like it. I suppose that's the most important thing.

However, this thing is cheesy and obviously made before the Wiggles were a hit (and on the Disney channel). It will make you feel old watching it because the Wiggles look so young (like they are just out of college). And, the weirdest thing is that Anthony isn't wearing blue -- he's wearing green. The set design is poor. Their costumes are basic - mock turtlenecks and black pants for the most part. Also, Captain Feathersword is played by Anthony. And, Dorothy's costume doesn't have much stuffing. Some of the filming does look like I could have done it, especially when the Wiggles are jumping around.

So, it's not the best quality. It's a little funny, actually, but DS seems to like it.

ETA: I forgot to mention that Wiggles other than Greg sing in this video (and it makes you understand why Greg now is the Wiggle who does vocals)! Jeff definitely is not a gifted singer. LOL

Momof3Labs
03-06-2004, 05:35 PM
LOL, you were watching more closely than I was - we borrowed this one from the library and promptly returned it. I didn't catch that Anthony played the Captain, but I definitely noticed the lack of color and poor production quality!!

egoldber
03-06-2004, 08:59 PM
LOL! I have another Wiggles video (Maybe Hoop de Doo Its a Wiggly Party?) that has a promo for Dance Party at the beginning. I know what you mean. The promo was hysterical, complete with Anthony wearing a non-matching Wiggles shirt. I can only imagine what an entire video of it must be like!

FYI, a friend of mine whose DS is REALLY REALLY into the Wiggles has done a bit of research on these guys. Apparently Anthony (and some of the other Wiggles, but I forget which) had a band in the 80s. She actually bought on eBay a CD from their "rock band" days and apparently many of the current Wiggles songs are re-mixes of their 80s songs. Like "Do the Monkey" used to be "Do the Sexy..."! :) I thought it was pretty funny!

KMommie
03-06-2004, 10:39 PM
TOO FUNNY! I went to the Wiggles website a few weeks ago, and the other band member was... Jeff! Now, whenever I hear Do the Monkey, I'm going to think Do the SEXY??! :)

Jeannie
mommy to Kiki 4/18/03

Andrea S
03-07-2004, 09:13 PM
This was the first one I bought I was not paying attention and Andrew still likes it, but I agree about the quality and Anthony's hair is a little wild. I cringe when Jeff sings. I read that they changed Anthony's shirt to blue b/c green was too close to Dorothy. Andrew is the biggest wiggle fan he is a fanatic. He made up his own sign for the Wiggles (he flaps his arms like quack quack dance) When he wakes up he starts flapping his arms so I will put Wiggles on then I made the mistake of showing him them on the computer so everytime I am on the computer he wants the Wiggles website.

Andrea
mom to Andrew 8/14/02

sugarsnappea
03-08-2004, 08:33 AM
Dance Party is a cult classic! We own it and I think it is like 27 minutes long. Terrible quality. I think I bought it at a garage sale for $1.

"do the sexy..." LOL!! :)