PDA

View Full Version : Another video recommendation

Rachels
03-06-2004, 06:11 PM
Baby Songs! There are several different ones, but they're all collections of Hap Palmer songs. The videos have the songs being sung and then little kids acting them out, and Abby just ADORES them. They're quiet enough to be a good choice for evening, and they're easy on adult eyes and ears. Her favorite is something like ABC / 123. I've been meaning to mention this for a while because it's always tough to find decent videos. These are worth it! Here's a link to the one she likes best:

http://tinyurl.com/239w4

-Rachel
Mom to Abigail Rose
5/18/02

ddmarsh
03-06-2004, 06:32 PM
I love these! We have had these since my first DS was a toddler and I just love the music, pace and overall feel of them - they are not so overdone or commercialized as many others it seems like.

Rachels
03-06-2004, 11:44 PM
Do you have the original one? That's the only one we haven't seen. Is it as good?

-Rachel
Mom to Abigail Rose
5/18/02

ddmarsh
03-07-2004, 07:49 AM
Yes and it's actually the one I like the best. I'll bet you could pick it up on Ebay if it's no longer available.

Bethann31
03-07-2004, 01:57 PM
I am on my third copy of this video. We have worn out 2 over the yaers. My DH has promised to copy it to DVD for me. My oldest, who will be 14 this month, watched these, and all of my children following him have watched them too. They are difinitely our favorite, particularly the Original.

An interesting fact is on the DVD "extras" on one of the DVDs we have. It says that Hap Palmer taught special ed, and music was his way of teaching his students with special needs. It evolved from there. I think that is neat.

By the way, I'm sure you have noticed that the songs are VERY catchy. I think that is most true with the original one. Katherine comes to work with me regularly and watches a tv/vcr combo in my office. The college students I work with come in and out and are always singing the songs from the video. Often, they don't even realize it. It's hilarious.

Beth
mom to 3 (13, 11 and 9) and then 1 more (06/04/03)

brigmaman
03-07-2004, 09:32 PM
Brig has a few of these as well, and loves them! The original was at our TRU recently on the really cheap rack. We got two of ours at TJMaxx.