PDA

View Full Version : 2.4 Ghz monitors

hellosmiletoday
03-07-2004, 01:58 AM
I'm trying to decide on a monitor, and the reviews vary so widely with each monitor that its hard to decide which one to choose! I have had horrible reception with older cordless phones (900Mhz and lower), but my 2.4 Ghz phone works great. Therefore I'm leaning toward the 2.4 Ghz model -- the only one I could find was by The First Years on Babiesrus.com. Its more expensive, but if it saves me the hassle of returning multiple monitors, its worth it.

Does anyone have any experience with this model, or can tell me where I can get a 2.4 Ghz one made by another manufacturer. Will it cause interference problems with my 2.4 Gz phone?

Jennymarie
03-07-2004, 02:35 PM
I don't have an answer to your question, but I also *hate* our 900mhz cordless phones. We get an unbelieveable amount of static. But our 2.4 ghz phone works great. I've also heard its not a good idea to get a phone and monitor that work on the same frequency though..

I'm interested in any responses you get.

dotgirl
03-07-2004, 07:47 PM
We have a 2.4Ghz phone and it works great with our 900mhz monitor. Because my husband feels that you shouldn't buy a highchair from an electronics manufacturer, he also felt that you shouldn't buy a monitor from a highchair manufacturer, so we only looked at monitors by Panasonic and Sony. We wound up going with the Sony Baby Call monitor.( http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B00006FWVG/qid=1078701589/sr=1-3/ref=sr_1_3/002-6481384-5389619?v=glance&s=baby ).

We have a three-story house, and the monitor works great even when he's on the third floor in his crib and I'm in the basement putting in laundry. It has a 'voice activated' feature that is wonderful - we don't hear the weird hissing all night long, but it turns on as soon as he makes any noise.

Just wanted to mention that not all 900mhz monitors are horrible.