PDA

View Full Version : I have some REALLY STUPID LP Farm questions

jojo2324
03-07-2004, 06:05 PM
But they've been bugging me forever.

#1. What's the deal with the farmer's bed? Why is there that knob that flips it, but only a little bit? It seems like it's meant to make the bed go into the window.

#2. What is supposed to pull the cart? It has wheels that turn...If it didn't, then I wouldn't think anything of it. But I put it on the horse, and then the wheels don't touch the ground. And don't turn.

#3. Regarding the farmer's wife and her truck, is there supposed to be some sort of flag or antenna? There's a hole in the truck that looks like it's supposed to hold something.

Are there more sets to go with the farm? Maybe that would solve some of my mysteries...

COElizabeth
03-07-2004, 06:15 PM
And the cart makes marks on the horse's back because it doesn't fit well!

I don't have the wife and truck. As for the farmer's bed, though, when we flip the knob with the farmer in bed, he goes flying out the window. James LOVES when we say, "Time to get up, farmer!" and flip the poor guy out into the yard! "Night, night, farmer. Go to sleep. Time to get up!" Over and over and over.... :)

Elizabeth, Mom to James, 9-20-02

jubilee
03-07-2004, 06:24 PM
That is funny: Time to get up farmer! I feel like I have that knob on my bed- I practically catapult out of bed when I hear an alarm or DS cry in the morning.

deborah_r
03-07-2004, 07:23 PM
#1 - I think it is odd that the bed shoots the farmer out the side of the house, but I guess it's more fun for kids than having the farmer walk to the bathroom and shower, and get dressed, go down and eat breakfast, and then go out to take care of the animals. I think catapulting him into the yard from bed is more immediate gratification for kids!

#2 - the cart definitely seems to be for the horse, and you are right, they do not align quite exactly.

#3 - I didn't know the farmer was married. Maybe I have the my-wife-up-and-left-me farmer! A better guess is I don't have the farmer's wife set...but since it comes with a truck, maybe she did up and leave him.

brubeck
03-07-2004, 07:24 PM
On either our Farm box or in the instructions it showed a picture of the farmer being flipped out of bed with the words, "Get out of bed Jed!". Jed is the farmer's name BTW.

We have found that the cow pulls the cart nicely. Even better: we got a farm accessory set from Yumsters that came with a baby horse. The baby horse fits the cart perfectly.

The holes in the vehicles are for gas. Many sets come with a gas pump and it detaches and fits in the holes. As far as I know all LP motor vehicles have those holes.

There are more sets to go with the farm:

http://www.fisher-price.com/us/littlepeople/products/intro.asp?section=COU

Although these are the new ones. The old sets were different.

jojo2324
03-07-2004, 07:29 PM
LOL thanks everyone!! I have NO imagination, because I never would have thought to catapult Jed out the window!! I thought it was one of those space-savers, bed in the wall type deals. And if I just took it a step further...The cow, Joanne, the cow!! Not SO hard. :)

I'm going to have to check out that link Helen. Thanks!!

jojo2324
03-07-2004, 07:31 PM
Wow, that's one nice farm!! I'm guessing that's the latest model on their site...Do you think those sets can attach to mine - the one that was before? Or would I need to find sets specific to my model? I've never seen any of those in the store, except the baby animals one.

brubeck
03-07-2004, 10:38 PM
I am sure they can attach. After all, they attach by the 'fenceposts' which are pretty standard. But if you're uncertain, find someone with one of the new sets and bring one of your fence pieces to their house to check,

pritchettzoo
03-08-2004, 12:23 AM
LOL! You must have the bad-country-song farm set. Is the farmer drunk? Did his mom just get out of prison?

Okay, all this makes me want to go get the freaking farm. DD could gnaw on them right now...That's useful, right?

Anna
Mama to Gracie (9/16/03)