PDA

View Full Version : Baby Papasan?

Fiona1999
03-07-2004, 07:12 PM
Hi...

This is my first post...

and was wondering if anyone has bought or has any information on the baby papasan I am deciding if I should get it or nor..I have already bought a swing so I was intending on just using that..but the baby papasan looks so comfortable and cozy!

well my question is has anyone bought this or not and would it be stupid to buy when I already have a swing?

any info. would be great thanks!

Fiona

C99
03-07-2004, 10:17 PM
What is the baby papasan? Can you post a link?

Fiona1999
03-07-2004, 10:54 PM
here is the link to the fisher price website

http://www.fisher-price.com/us/babygear/product.asp?id=27466&c=bgb

TaChapm2
03-07-2004, 11:13 PM
I think this really looks great! We used a bouncy seat and it was a life saver. It is always nice to have something that is portable to take from room to room. I used the bouncy seat while cooking or taking a bath. I would say go for both. I think you will get a lot of use out of them.

Tara
Mommy to Jackson (11-10-02)

sarahfran
03-07-2004, 11:13 PM
I'm sure it's safe, but being a bit of a nervous nelly, my first thought is "suffocation"! I looked at the photo, and it seems like a new little bugger would get swallowed up in there.

I'm sure others will have a less nervous nelly response. Do you have a little one yet? Are you buying for yourself or as a gift?

My son didn't like swings, so I'm not much help on this!
-Sarah
Mom to Dylan, 8/18/03

:) Motherhood is such a joy! :)

neosr
03-08-2004, 12:41 AM
Havent' tested it out yet, but we registered for one because it looks and feels (at least the fabric) so much better than anything else out there. I don't know if there's been any safety issues with it, but it's hard to imagine there would be as it only vibrates and plays music. As to possible suffocation, how's it any more dangerous than anything else out there that a baby comes in contact with? The fabric feels plush but the bouncer is not "pillowy." Our only worry is that the item will still be in stock by the time our baby comes. It's been sold out at many retailers.

gour0
03-08-2004, 11:53 AM
We used a swing and a bouncy seat. He slept in his bouncy seat in our room for three months. And, he slept in his swing during the day downstairs. He liked variety. :)

vikivoly
03-09-2004, 03:39 AM
We're working on baby #2 and I'm going to buy the papasan even though I already have 2 swings and a bouncy seat from DD #1.

ericajosh
03-09-2004, 09:02 PM
It helps to have both the swing and bouncy seat. Sometimes the baby gets antsy in one and loves the other. We had the FP Kick n Play, which to this day DS doesn't like. However, someone got us the Infant to Toddler Rocker (also FP I think) and DS loves it!!! We couldn't live without it. The papasan seems geared to a newborn (with the neck support), maybe you should look at some other bouncy seats that might last both during and beyond the newborn phase.

brigmaman
03-09-2004, 09:39 PM
I checked this out at Target today and loved it. I may purchase it in the future.

kijip
03-10-2004, 01:31 AM
Choice is good. We used a sling, swing, rocker and bouncer and were very happy to have choices on hand. Mainly we just carried him in the sling around the house but every one needs a chance to use the bathroom and eat. Get a second seat/swing type thing if you are so inclined. Keep the box and return it if baby hates it! I must admit that the papasan looks pretty cute---I would have bought it if it was available 6 months ago! You might really value something in this size range- we used the rocker to keep him in the bathroom while we showered and groomed. He would have none of the out of sight thing for awhile....

oniceskates
03-13-2004, 07:44 PM
I purchased this product a few days after my baby girl was born. After looking at all the different bouncer seats, I thought Papasan product would be best for a newborn. My daughter is a little over a month old and I have used this product quite a bit. You can use the vibration, music, or music & vibration mode. We use the music & vibration mode the most. The fabric is nice and soft. I also like that there is a head support. I don't think there is an issue with suffocation...you shouldn't leave a newborn in it without constant supervision anyway. The unit is lightweight and folds up nicely to take with you.

Kayla
03-13-2004, 10:24 PM
We bought this for our baby and love it. In fact, she slept in it for several weeks at night when she had bronchilitis. It is best for a younger baby-now at 4 months she's growing out of it. It is cute to see her sleeping in the chair. One thing to be aware of is that the vibration/music only stay on for ~15 minutes at a time.

JenCA
03-14-2004, 12:44 AM
I only WISH FP had had this product when my daughter was a colicky newborn. Neither the swing nor the bouncy seat worked, but the papasan looks SO comfy and snuggly. I bet she would have loved it. I'll definitely be purchasing this item if we have another baby! :)