PDA

View Full Version : OK, So I finally understand why you guys hang out here!

peanut4us
03-08-2004, 03:02 PM
Good grief! Good, fun, non-obnoxious toys that are age appropriate are certainly NOT in abundance. Sheesh! I went to Toys R Us at lunch, and honestly, the only things that looked reasonable were the LP stuff... I bought the bus (with no intention of putting the batteries in!) And I bought the garage thing? you know with the car escalator> I always wanted one of those growing up. But now that I'm back at work, I'm wondering if she'll like it. Too boy? I always said I was never going to conform to those stereotypes, and here I am second guessing myself...

Anyone out there with a daughter who likes the garage?

lfp2n
03-08-2004, 03:19 PM
Hi

One of my friends just passed on the school bus, the barn/stable thing, the garage, and a sort of shopping mall/firestation thing (all old style so no electronics) to my DD. I thought the bus or the farm would be the favourite, but so far its the garage, 1) its tall so she likes standing by it and 2) she likes dropping cars balls, people, whatever down the ramps.
So I definitely think its good for the 'March' girls

Lucy and DD (3/27/03)

Jeanne
03-08-2004, 05:30 PM
I'm a big fan of the Fisher Price stuff. We have all the big sets (gifts and yard sales). My DD loves the garage but does play with the Loving Family house more. I was disappointed with the garage because I wanted it to be like the one I had when growing up but it's not. The elevator is hard to get up and the unit lifts off the floor if you don't hold your hand on it while pushing up the elevator. I'm searching for the original one that's in good shape so I can buy that one for my second DD. I check ebay all the time but I haven't seen one in good enough condition to merit the shipping costs.

brubeck
03-08-2004, 08:08 PM
We don't own one but Amy's preschool has 3 different parking garages. Amy LOVES to send the cars up the elevator and then down the ramps. Of course she also got a set of mini Tonka trucks for Christmas and loves them too. :)