PDA

View Full Version : Fisher Price Deluxe Jumperoo opinions

ericajosh
03-08-2004, 11:43 PM
Do any of you have the Fisher Price Deluxe Jumperoo? It seems great and looks like my DS would enjoy it. He is 6 months now and has grown out of his swing and bouncy seats. He is 20 lbs. now, would he be able to use it for a few more months?

Also, any other toy recommendations for a 6 month old? He seems to be growing out of all of the things we used for the first 6 months.
Thanks.
-Erica :)

westchicagomom
03-09-2004, 02:56 AM
Hi Erica. We bought the jumperoo for DD when she was about 4 months old after reading the rave reviews on Amazon (I just checked and I think the only negative thing people have to say is about the weight limit!). DD definitely enjoys her time in it, but we are strict to limit that to only 20-30 minutes per day and we don't use it everyday.

We don't have a saucer toy, so this is our "gosh this takes up a lot space" toy. It is huge, but does fold up nicely (it is still huge then, but at least you can lean it up against a wall). DD is off-the-charts tall and at almost 6 months she is nearing the 3rd height adjustment (there are 4) so aside from weight that is another consideration. The music is refreshingly different from many other kids toys (reminds me a very little of the B-52's) - of course if you hear any music repeated over and over it can get a little old. Overall with the lights, music and toys it really is fun for DD.

Some of the reviews on Amazon are from people who use it for muscle development or as a babysitter for hours each day. IMO those are the wrong reasons to buy it. Besides in terms of the latter reason, it is way too much fun to watch DD playing in it!

It is pricey so for the little amount of time we use it, I am not sure I would not buy it again (particularly if she outgrows it in another month or two). But then again the laughing the use of the jumperoo produces on her part is priceless!

HTH!

Pam
Mom to Lilabeth (9/03)

aguinn
03-12-2004, 12:14 PM
any ideas where to buy it? our local BRU doesn't stock it, and it is out of stock on bru.com....

ETA: i'm in the boston area...

tia,
;)amy

westchicagomom
03-12-2004, 03:15 PM
I bought mine at Target.

Pam
Mom to Lilabeth (9/03)

s7714
03-12-2004, 03:17 PM
Try Target, they're carrying them as well.

We bought this for DD for her birthday (she's one, but only a little over 17 lbs. so she'll have a little while to use it.) We mainly have arched doorways, so no place to put a traditional jumper. For now she just seems to think it's fun to stand up in it and play with the toys. I figure I'll give her a month and if she just doesn't seem interested in jumping in it, I'll take it back. I wish they would have come out with this when she was a little younger--she might have enjoyed it more if she started in it at a younger age.

Jennifer
Mommy to Annalia 03/03/03

aguinn
03-12-2004, 03:35 PM
thanks, ladies - i'll check. we also have threshold issues: wood crown molding at the top of our doors is too tall (? too wide?) for the usual clamp to fit around, and i'm uninterested in having DH screw or hammer something into our beautiful wood, so this seems like a great alternative.

;)amy
proud momma to aidan