PDA

View Full Version : Help me out with Baby Einstein question....

amp
03-09-2004, 11:51 AM
We have Baby Mozart, Baby Bach & Baby Beethoven. I have to say that DS's all time favorite parts at this time are the ones w/ the puppets. He just goes nuts for the animals and puppets! So, I was leaning toward getting him one of the Baby Einstein animal DVD's, like Doolittle, Neighborhood Animals, World Animals, or the new Baby MacDonald coming out. Do any of these have any more or less puppets than another? I'm sure he'll like any of them anyway, but since he goes nuts for the puppets, I thought I'd ask those of you who have multiple videos for your advice. TIA!

egoldber
03-09-2004, 12:02 PM
I would say that World and Neighborhood Animals have about the same amount of puppets. Of the two, I would recommend Neighborhood. While DD likes both now, she much preferred Neighborhood Animals for a long time.

deborah_r
03-09-2004, 12:43 PM
Andrea - DS really likes the puppets in Baby Van Gogh.

I'm wondering, I keep seeing references to "Doolittle" in the Baby Einstein threads and I've looked through my boxed set and on the Baby Einstein website and I don't see one called Doolittle. Can someone tell me the full name of this one?

egoldber
03-09-2004, 01:09 PM
There are two. Baby Dolittle Neighborhood Animals and also Baby Dolittle World Animals.

And can I tell you that their inconsistency in their naming convention really bothers me. How sad am I?

slknight
03-09-2004, 02:06 PM
The "Doolittle" thing was really confusing me too. I just bought the Neighborhood Animals dvd at Target this weekend. No where on the packaging does it say Doolittle. Just says Baby Einstein. But when you put it in the DVD, the menu says Baby Doolittle. Confusing!

Susan and Alex (04.18.03)

deborah_r
03-09-2004, 02:09 PM
Ahhhh, I get it now! So I DO have them!

vpalmer
03-09-2004, 02:59 PM
DD's favorite Einstein DVD is Baby Van Gogh and there are lots of puppets!

Veronica
Mom to Eva
Born on 6-12-03

egoldber
03-09-2004, 04:06 PM
Interesting. They have changed the packaging then, because my DVD covers definitely say Baby Dolittle.

amp
03-09-2004, 04:09 PM
Thanks, Ladies! I bet all of the videos probably have similar screen time of puppets and I probably can't go wrong. I am seriously considering Baby Van Gogh, based on Deborah's earlier recommendation on Baby Van Goat! But I love animals and know that DS is crazy for them right now, so I'll probably get one of those soon. I also just got a $5 rebate form for Baby MacDonald, which it says is supposed to be release this week I think (the form was in the front cover of my Parents magazine), so I may try that one if I find it first. Thanks again!

slknight
03-09-2004, 04:22 PM
I just went to double-check to make sure I said the right thing. Nope, it definitely says Baby Einstein on the package, as well as the sticker on the DVD itself.

Says Baby Einstein in the pic on their website. No mention of the word Doolittle. I think I saw it say Baby Doolittle on the menu that comes up when you first start the DVD, but that's it.

https://www.babyeinstein.com/Store/ProductDetail.asp?ProductID=14&CurrentPage=2&ThemeID=0&AgeRangeID=0&ProductTypeID=2

Susan and Alex (04.18.03)

jk3
03-14-2004, 04:01 AM
Baby Galileo is also super cute-lots and lots of puppets.

egoldber
03-14-2004, 11:27 AM
I checked my package again too :) and it definitely says Baby Dolittle on the DVD case and the DVD itself. But I bought mine about 18 monthd ago and I know they have redone all the packaging since then. Pretty odd!