PDA

View Full Version : Questions for Kettler Co-op people - Original Co-op

vikivoly
03-09-2004, 03:30 PM
1. Did your trike come with a warranty card?

2. Does it even have a warranty? If so, how long?

3. Did you get a receipt with your trike? All I got was a credit card slip. I'm just thinking how I'll prove when it was purchased if a repair is needed.

4. When you have the front wheel locked, does it move at all? If so how much? DH swears that it moved very little when he put it together, but now it turns about 30 degrees from the center when in the locked position.

5. Do the Air tires mark up your floor?

6. Does the belt clasp work on your footrest? I can't get the plastic clasp to "stick" (for lack of a better word) onto the belt.

NEVE and TRISTAN
03-10-2004, 10:17 AM
Vicki,
The only answers I know to what you posted are
Yes we got a receipt (we picked it up at the store with trike when we paid she gave it to me)
I called Kettler and if you have the number on the bottom of the trike I think they handle your problems with that number BUT I AM NOT SURE.
We have the seatbelt on it and the footrest but that is all I know I didn't put it on
My air tires have not left a mark...BUT the blue stroller handle hit my wall and it did...
Neve
http://home.nc.rr.com/ourbabytristan
AKA "mama2be"-forgot password
and Baby Boy Tristan born @UNC
Feb 25, 2003
Brother to 3 pups "gees" and 2 kitties

McQ
03-10-2004, 12:11 PM
1 & 2 - Don't know. DH opened the box and did all that stuff. He's usually pretty good about handing the paperwork over to me though and I honestly don't remember it.

3 - I just got my credit card receipt the other day. I've been meaning to call down there for an itemized receipt since I got the trike because a) I'd like proof of purchase and b) I don't even know what each item really cost me.

4, 5 & 6 - Sorry, can't help there as the trike has been put away waiting to make its appearance on his birthday.

Allison
~ mommy to Declan 3.24.03
and number 2 EDD 9.14.04

vikivoly
03-10-2004, 02:15 PM
I wanted an itemized receipt for the same reasons. If you call about getting one, please let me know what she says.

Hope Declan enjoys his trike!

stillplayswithbarbies
03-10-2004, 05:55 PM
me too on the receipt.

...Karen
Jacob Nathaniel Feb 91
Logan Elizabeth Mar 03

vikivoly
03-18-2004, 07:34 PM
Did you ever contact Debbie about getting a receipt?

vikivoly
03-18-2004, 07:35 PM
I'm bumping this back up because I'm still looking for answers to #4 & #6.

hcsl
03-19-2004, 12:43 AM
4. Our front wheel moves a little when it's locked. Not 30 degrees, though, just a very slight bit- maybe 10 degrees? Now that you have me thinking about it, it does seem like there's a little bit more play in the locked position than there originally was.

6. Our footrest also works properly (I guess). I've taken the footrest off and have put it back on and have not had problems with it. My son is not big enough yet to put too much weight on it, (he's around 24 lbs.) so I don't know how it would hold up with an older child resting his/her feet on it. Have you taken the footrest off and examined it to see why it wont clip? Maybe one of the little 'arms' that is supposed to pop through the securing mechanism is broken off. Also, there could be some random piece of plastic that wasn't broken off of it during the molding process.

And FYI on #5- we have hardwoods throughout and haven't noticed any marks on the floors. We push him around once or twice each day on it.

HTH!

muskiesusan
03-19-2004, 09:00 AM
I wasn't part of the co-op, but I might be able to help you with #4. Our front wheel used to move quite a bit, until I got sick of it and emailled Kettler about it. We didn't have the c-clamp on handlebars installed correctly. Here was their response:

"The handlebars must be all the way down on the front frame and the post connected to the front wheel must be all the way up through the front frame. The c clamp that tightens around handle bars has an open side with a bolt going across it. This open side must be directly over the split in the back of the handle bars. Use the spanner tightening tool that we supply in the hardware bag to tighten the clamp or you might want to use your own wrench to tighten the the clamp. Tighten until the handle bars are secure to the wheel post and they turn simultaneously. If you have further problems and it will not tighten you might want to replace the c-clamp."

HTH

Susan
Mom to Nicholas 10/01/01
& Baby #2 due 4/23/04!!!!

vikivoly
03-19-2004, 04:26 PM
Thanks for the help, I'll have to have DH take a look at this.

The problem I'm having with the footrest is the belt that connects the footrest to the bike. I can't get the black clip to stay on the belt - you know the 2 pieces that clip together to form a loop. One of the pieces is sewn onto the belt, and the belt loops through the other piece to tighten the slack. Sorry, I know I'm doing a terrible job explaining this.

We've been using the footrest connected to the trike w/o the belt to secure it.

etwahl
03-19-2004, 04:50 PM
vicki, i don't know if our footrest is on properly either...but when she leans with one foot on one side over the other, the wheel rubs it. then i constantly have to adjust it.

and also, our trike does turn a lot too. i have to work it to go straight. i'll give dh those instructions as well.`

Tammy,
Mom to Lauren Genevieve
03/12/2003
www.evantammy.com

NEVE and TRISTAN
03-19-2004, 05:25 PM
I've never had to adjust to mine...I'll ask Steve about it...
Now one wheel does sqweek, but our footrest seem in place.
Guys don't forgtet Kettler is quick to answer questions
1-866-804-0440!!!!!!
Neve
http://home.nc.rr.com/ourbabytristan
AKA "mama2be"-forgot password
and Baby Boy Tristan born @UNC
Feb 25, 2003
Brother to 3 pups "gees" and 2 kitties