PDA

View Full Version : Looking for rear window shade for SUV

gisele
03-09-2004, 07:45 PM
Anybody know where to get a rear window shade for an SUV, specifically a Buick Rendezvous? DS gets the sun in his eyes when we drive home from daycare. He's in a Marathon, so I can't drape a blanket over him anymore (like with an infant carrier). I see so few of these, I would think there would be more out there!

Thanks!

ericajosh
03-09-2004, 08:46 PM
I know that the "One Step Ahead" catalog (www.onestepahead.com) has rear window sun "blockers" that suction to the window or a canopy that attaches to the carseat. Not sure if the first would fit an SUV's window, but it might be worth checking out their website.

sarahfran
03-09-2004, 11:49 PM
This is a total shot in the dark, but have you checked with a Buick dealer to see if they have an aftermarket one that's made specifically for the Rendezvous?

-Sarah
Mom to Dylan, 8/18/03

:) Motherhood is such a joy! :)

gisele
03-10-2004, 02:57 AM
I already checked. Buick doesn't have one for the Rendezvous.

dylansnan
03-10-2004, 09:24 PM
Don't know if this what you are looking for but "The First Years" makes a shade for mini vans and SUVs. It is longer than regular shades and can work on the side windows of mini van or rear window of car or SUV. I have seen them at Target and Walmart.
HTH

Mom2Miri
03-10-2004, 10:05 PM
We have a rear window shade with suction cups but are going to switch to the film kind (cut to fit). We tried that on the side windows and like it so much better. You can get it at an auto supply store like Kragens.

Helen & Mirielle 2/25/03

sarahfran
03-10-2004, 11:44 PM
I bought the film kind at Target--one pkg came with 2 approx 15 x15 inch squares. I like it because I don't worry about it flying into DS's head in an accident.

-Sarah
Mom to Dylan, 8/18/03

:) Motherhood is such a joy! :)