PDA

View Full Version : Baby Bjorn bouncer reviews?

darby24
03-09-2004, 11:01 PM
My sister is expecting baby #2 within a week and does have a regular bouncer (got it at a second hand place, no vibration, no music/lights.) Thought maybe she deserves a new one though.

Anyway I've been looking at this bouncer, it looks really nice without the noisy stuff of the other bouncers out there. Unfortunately the price is high $85 - higher here in Canada though, $149!

Does anyone have experience with it? Is it really worth the price?

kijip
03-10-2004, 01:23 AM
We got the Combi Activity Rocker over the Bjorn and have been happy. The deluxe is not really much better than the basic Activity Rocker. The basic Activity Rocker is about $60 and comes in nice darker colors, like the Bjorn. Nothing garish and no noisy tinny music.

darby24
03-10-2004, 02:03 AM
Thanks, I don't think we have the Combi (or not that I can find) but I could always buy it online.

Thanks for the advice, I want to stay away from batteries and bright colours.

westchicagomom
03-10-2004, 02:49 AM
We have the Baby Bjorn instead of a regular "flashy" bouncer. I would say no it's not worth the $149. It is very "bouncy". The movements of the baby actually cause the thing to vibrate. It kind of works out well because when she started to get fussy, she would move and the thing would vibrate a little and she would stop being fussy for awhile. However, when she was really young her movements weren't forceful enough to create much bounce (we had to tap it to keep it vibrating). And I think that's when you want a bouncer most - when they're really young. We ended up using the vibration feature on our Pack and Play more than the bouncer. We used the bouncer more as a place for her to "sit". It is very stylish looking and it does convert to a chair, however at that price, IMO, I don't think it's worth it.

I haven't read the reviews on the Baby Pappasan by Fisher Price - but if they're good, you might consider that. It doesn't seem really flashy.

HTH!

Pam
Mom to Lilabeth (9-03)

darby24
03-11-2004, 02:34 AM
Thanks for your review, very helpful. I will have to check out that new Fisher Price one, it doesn't look that bad.