PDA

View Full Version : kinderzeat questions

etwahl
03-10-2004, 04:48 PM
i've seen them on the web site. just have a couple questions. are they to use when the child no longer sits in the high chair? approximately when is that, and how long would they use a kinderzeat? what is the alternative to a kinderzeat? a booster seat? what are the advantages of one over the other? i'm a complete newbie when it comes to this chair! i know nothing!

Tammy,
Mom to Lauren Genevieve
03/12/2003
www.evantammy.com

caleymama
03-10-2004, 05:35 PM
We exclusively used the First Years 4-Stage Feeding Seat from when we started feeding until we switched to the kinderzeat. We would have used it longer than we did but we reached a point where we wanted DD right up at the table with us and because of the lip on the underside of our tabletop, the FY seat couldn't be pulled right up. We started using the kinderzeat in December when DD was 15 months and she was fine in it. We do have the cushion for it, just fyi. We're still using it now (at 18 months) and I anticipate that we will be for a while.

minot
03-10-2004, 08:01 PM
I'm 28 years old, and I still have my Stokke Tripp-Trapp chair.. my family has used them for years..

the difference between the Tripp-Trapp and the Kinderzeat are the US regulations.. the kinderzeat is sold with out the "bar" attachment that allows the chair to be used from like 6mths on up.. so the Kinderzeat is good once your child can sit up securely by themselves 14-18mos?

The advantage of this design is that your child is at the table with you, which is great for family dinner time bonding..

this chair grows with your child.. from a few months old until adulthood.. (like me and my brother and cousins!)

We're adopting two children.. and I can't wait to get each of them their own chairs..

you won't be sorry if you invest in this.. :)

(haha.. I sound like a sales person)

pamela mom of 3
03-11-2004, 10:19 AM
Because of the design of the US model it's "recommended" age is 18mths and up, it does have a seatbelt but it is still an open design plus of coarse the child must use your table.

When? hmm probably varies some kids will move into them @ the 18mths min age range others may not till older this really depends on how the child likes the highchair or whether the parents want them up at the table.

Yes, it is considered an alternative to the more standard plastic boosters that strap to your adult chairs. The advantages i have found are one you don't lose a grownup chair, next they are very adjustable giving a height selection as well as a footrest area whereas with the plastic booster many times the kids feet just dangle. Finally would be it's very stable...my kids have climbed all over this chair..even 2 at a time ugh x( and the chair has never gone over, i found with the plastic types attached to chairs they were never really tight and would shift about kwim?

How long they can use the kinderzeat? hmm well they adjust so even an adult could use one, they holds 300lbs...their is some age range pictures on the stokke site. My 5 & 3yo fight over ours, if adjusted right my 8yo could use it also.

HTH :)

~Pamela Mom Of 3

http://instagiber.net/smiliesdotcom/kao/otn/blobflower.gif

JacksMommy
03-11-2004, 02:18 PM
A Kinderzeat is to use when your child is no longer in the highchair (many of us have experience our kids refusing to use the highchair between 16-18 months.) They do have a three point restraint seat belt but otherwise is an open chair. It is an alternative to a booster seat but much more attractive and versatile and you would be able to use it for years. My son hated the booster we bought because he couldn't get up/down in the chair by himself because the booster took up so much space. A2 21 months, he can negotiate the Kinderzeat on his own. We bought his in cherry and it's just gorgeous, fits right in with the rest of our dining furniture.

Laurel
Mama to Jack, 6/4/02