PDA

View Full Version : Getting ready for spring!-Fav Outdoor toys

bnme
03-11-2004, 03:18 PM
What are you favorite outdoor toys for 1-2 year old (DS is 14.5 months now). I just realized I have NOTHING! Except for a LT buggy to push him in.

General questions:
Sand box or sand/water table?
What type of swing\/slides do your tots like? A fancy set or a simple baby swing hung from a tree? Is a LT slide a waste?

Other than that I am clueless! Help!! It's getting warmer (well it is today :) )

redhookmom
03-11-2004, 03:48 PM
Sand box or sand/water table?

If I had to choose I would say a sand box the kind you sit in. Kids seem to spend hours in them.

I would not get the slide. We have one in our yard and it is a pain. My DD has fallen off of it more then she has slid down it!!

Other suggestions:
a tunnel to crawl through
balls
lawn mower type thing to push
some sort of playhouse (PopPop built us one.)

lisams
03-11-2004, 04:51 PM
DD is 16 months, here's what we have:
sandbox w/sandtoys
toddler swing
plastic Tonka dump truck
we just got the Little Tikes 8in1 climber

Here's what I want to get:
a plastic baby pool
sprinkler

DD loves playing in the sandbox and swinging in the swing. I thought about a sand/water table, but I like having more room to play in the sand, and she likes to sit in it. We haven't tried the climber yet since we just got it, but I think she will enjoy it! She also likes just running around finding rocks, picking grass, or watching the birds and lizards. Oh, she also loves bubbles!

Lisa

pamela mom of 3
03-11-2004, 04:51 PM
Hmm my kids all have loved the little tikes lawnmower it has these balls in it & it pops as they push..good outdoor toy as it's not the most quiet ;)
http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/3031.jpg

I actually have both sand boxes & sand & water tables..for sand the kids really prefer the sit down types.

Slides, my kids loved them, still do ..you could get a smallish climber with one built in, little tikes and step 2 make nice ones in various sizes and dollar ranges.

Kid size wheelburrows are also popular, ride on toys, playhouses, large trucks that they can dump rocks & dirt in etc...

Swingsets you can go for a nice metal set..they even have slides attached on some models, or their are nice plastic combo types or you can go all out and get wooden. We had no trees big enough so we had a metal swingset for dd when she was about 6mths+ ..um, we've moved up over the years but it did work well then :D

Little plastic kiddie pools are fun also we have the big splash center from step 2, all 3 kids have used it, still did last despite they are all getting a tad big for sharing it lol

That's all i can think of for now...we're barely moving into spring yet so most of our stuff is packed away so i am racking my brain to remember what on earth we have, although i do know for certain too much! :+

ETA: This would also be fun a child size BBQ, my kids have an older one by fisher price..it's been quite popular with them.
http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/3032.jpg

~Pamela Mom Of 3

http://instagiber.net/smiliesdotcom/kao/otn/blobflower.gif