PDA

View Full Version : Tiny Love Gyminy Activity Mat

Mabster
03-11-2004, 09:27 PM
How long is it appropriate to let your child play on this mat? DD is just starting with it this week and seems to enjoy it. I probably let her stay there batting at the toys for 45 minutes or so, but want to make sure that this isn't too much/too little time.

Thanks in advance!

ppshah
03-11-2004, 10:42 PM
DS loved his mat and used to spend hours on it. You know, play, take a little nap, nurse for a bit, and play some more etc.

sadie427
03-12-2004, 11:10 AM
For the play mat, I'd say as long as she wants, and that you're lucky to have a 2 month old with such a long attention span that she is happy there for 45 minutes! Fix yourself a sandwich! I'd be careful about extended time in a bouncy seat, swing or especially an exersaucer as it restricts their movement and is not great for development, but I can't see any problem with the playmat, I think they're great. DS still loves his at almost 7 months.

lmintzer
03-12-2004, 12:46 PM
Wow--my baby can make it 15 minutes max. And that's good compared to my first child who couldn't be put down at all. Count yourself lucky and take a little break!

vikivoly
03-13-2004, 12:36 AM
The only thing I would watch out for is Plagiocephaly (flattening of the head). Since she is on her back while sleeping you want to make sure she gets some tummy time too.

Imperia
03-14-2004, 07:20 PM
Maddy likes her Gymini playmat too. She will lie on it and talk to and bat at the animals. I took most of them off because I think so many at once was overwhelming to her. She likes the green parrot best! The play mat is about the only way I can get her to lie on her back (she HATES it). I also use the mat for tummy time though. The model I have has a mirror on it, an dI just lie her in front of the mirror on hr tummy so she can look at the "other baby". She gets a huge kick out of this. She is already holding up her head and trunk (like she is doing baby pushups) it's SO cute. All this being said she has never laid on hers back or tummy side for 45 minutes, wow!

Imperia