PDA

View Full Version : best website to purchase kettrike

Lynnie
03-14-2004, 12:07 PM
ok, so even though i was on the great co-op list, and even spoke with debbie (i think her name was) i missed the deadline since she couldn't take my order that friday, and then babyboy#2-to-be wanted to come way to early and i ended up in the hospital to stop labor... (and have been home on bedrest with pumps and monitors and whatnot since, and just recently got a computer to use).

so, having missed the coop, and since babyboy#1 is going to be two in a few weeks, i wanted to get him a kettrike, probably just a simple jumbo or happy with a few features (as much as i drooled over neve's fully loaded one) and was wondering if anyone knows where i might find the best deal...although its not like i don't have ALL DAY to search the web and compare prices these days... but i trust you guys.

thanks !

lynn

NEVE and TRISTAN
03-14-2004, 03:40 PM
I believe that Debbie offers 25% off of special order items anyway!!!! Now will that be a savings if you pay for shipping I do not know???? But I recommend calling her to find out!!!
If you do a search her number is here somewhere...I don't have it written anywhere safe to find it (that would just be too easy to have a nice number directory, everything I have is scribled on something)...

But she offers that locally so I bet she'd do something for you!!!
Neve
http://home.nc.rr.com/ourbabytristan
AKA "mama2be"-forgot password
and Baby Boy Tristan born @UNC
Feb 25, 2003
Brother to 3 pups "gees" and 2 kitties

Lynnie
03-14-2004, 03:49 PM
thanks neve - i will just go back to the long string about the coop, way back in january, cause of course i don't have her number anywhere handy either. (i really am going to buy myself a nice phone/address book and put everything in it one day... really !!)

i do recall another place seeming comparable if i just get a basic one, so hopefully it will be on there too. but, since debbie was nice enough to do the coop, i would rather give the business to her if the prices are pretty much the same.

thanks again,
lynn

ps is tristan still loving his ?? those pics on the golf course were so cute !

NEVE and TRISTAN
03-14-2004, 04:56 PM
Tristan loves his and now if you say "ring the bell" he rings the bell!!!!
If I had it to do over again I don't think we needed the basket or cushion and I love love love the stroller bar I would never live without it (at this age)....
I jsut posted a new thread wondering if I should call Debbie to see if she would this again...Andrea too has shown an interst in one and I think I have read several who feel like they "missed" the chance...
Maybe we can get Deb to do something...
Neve
Feb 25, 2003

Lynnie
03-15-2004, 11:27 AM
i'm sorry - i really didn't mean to get you sucked into this again !! but - THANKS !

i am hoping the normal push bar will be good enough, although your raves about the stroller bar do make me think... because, while my first, who will be 2 in a couple weeks, would probably do fine with the pedals and the push bar, my soon to be second would probably really benefit from the stroller bar... and it would be like buying one toy for both little boys. right ??!!! (stop me, please...)

do you have the dump thing on the back ?? (i would bet you do, since i recal yours being totally loaded) if so, how much do you love that?

i am thinking a nice basic happy, (since we won't off road much and already have air tires in a bertini sport and a jogging stroller and i really need to keep the price down) with a seat belt, a bell, the pedals and steering wheel that can lock, and either a push bar or a stroller bar.

if you want, i will hold off on calling debbie until you decide if you want to be a good samaritan again, just let me know. she sounds great, and i do hope the last deal was as good for her as it was for everybody else !

thanks again,

lynn

NEVE and TRISTAN
03-15-2004, 07:13 PM
That was a must for me...
I too have a Bertini Sport!!! :)
Neve
Feb 25, 2003

Lynnie
03-15-2004, 11:20 PM
well, if you are a fellow bertini owner (don't you love that stroller ??!! i am going to get the toddler booster seat thing for when baby boy #2 is born, and hopefully it won't squish him, but i digress...), i can surely trust your taste and opinion... as long as you don't try to talk me out of an otherwise simple kettrike ! so looks like i will have to seriously consider the dump truck option thing. does tristan use it yet ?

as cool as the air tires look, i really can't justify it. especially as i am in the market for a kinderzeat, the booster for the bertini, may wind up getting a "portable" double stroller, etc.
(can you tell i am trying to convince myself....)

anyway, thanks !

Lynnie
03-16-2004, 10:08 AM
ok, another dump truck question - one of the websites said the seat couldn't be moved forward or backwards on the jumbo, because of the dump thing - do you forsee that as being a problem ?? i showed my mom a photo of the two trikes and she commented on how cool the dump feature was, but i wonder how important it is to be able to adjust the seat. i think the happy can be adjusted four times, at least from what the chart on one of the sites said. and yes, perhaps i am over researching this.... but what else do i have to do ??!! besides, i would rather bug people here, who can respond or not than hammer poor debbie with all these questions...

thanks again, in advance, and sorry for being a pain !

NEVE and TRISTAN
03-16-2004, 10:15 AM
I don't know...I would assume since such a reputable compnay with an excellent product that they would feel that their seat is fine if they had to go without the moving option...
We have not been effected by it, and I am not too worried...
I forgot why but the tandem bar doesn't go with mine, I think because it is air, but that is OK each kid will have to have their own trike I guess :)...
No Tritsan has not really used the dump truck yet, but from what I have heard they will!!!!! He does ring the bell on command though...
I agree with someone else that it is a very "lazy" sounding bell...but he does not know it :)
Neve
Feb 25, 2003

vikivoly
03-17-2004, 01:39 AM
I have the Jumbo and I don't foresee it to be a problem. My DD is now 15 months old and just over 30 inches (so she's not big) and she doesn't have a problem reaching the footrest. If she had to peddle, it might be a problem, but by the time she's actually able to peddle I'm sure she'll be tall enough to reach the peddles.