PDA

View Full Version : Kettler - Jumbo vs. Happy

vpalmer
03-16-2004, 02:42 PM
Okay, I need to pick the brains off all you Kettler owners.

1) Is the seat on the Jumbo adjustable? Does it move back and forth? Is this option necessary?

2) Does the seat on the Happy really move in four positions?

I read on the chart posted by Denise (I think) that the Happy is actually rated for a wider range of heights than the Jumbo. If this is so, why is the Jumbo more desirable? I always assumed it was because the Jumbo was larger and would last longer, but it looks like the exact opposite is true!

Is the only advantage to getting the Jumbo the dump truck? Is the dump truck really that great?

Thanks for your help!

Veronica
Mom to Eva
Born on 6-12-03

stillplayswithbarbies
03-16-2004, 04:47 PM
This page shows a good comparison of the main 4 types:

http://www.kettlerusa.com/page10.html

The Happy and The Jumbo seem to have the same frame, just a different seat. The Air versions have the straight frame, which is why I didn't go with Air. I wanted the step-through frame, not one you have to lift your leg over each time, since she is so young when we are starting to use it.

I liked the contoured seat of the Happy versus the flat seat of the Jumbo, so that is how I made my decision.

...Karen
Jacob Nathaniel Feb 91
Logan Elizabeth Mar 03

NEVE and TRISTAN
03-16-2004, 05:56 PM
that the air "frame" that Karen mentions is also the frame that prevents one form making a tandem trike...

I almost didn't get the air due to that...
Why the tires effect the kind of frame it is on I will never know, but I am pretty certain this is the deal...
So those who wanting any reason to be talked out of the Air might find some good reason in that alone...
Neve
http://home.nc.rr.com/ourbabytristan
AKA "mama2be"-forgot password
and Baby Boy Tristan born @UNC
Feb 25, 2003
Brother to 3 pups "gees" and 2 kitties

vikivoly
03-17-2004, 01:30 AM
The Jumbo seat is not adjustable, but I don't think the Happy is either. From what I understand, the basic difference between the two is the shape of the seat and the dump bucket.

The Happy has a more contoured seat, but it looked thinner to me (I never saw it IRL though).

I ended up going with the Jumbo because I wanted the dump bucket. Is it that great? Well DD is too young right now to appreciate it. I'm imagining her hauling stuff around (pretending she's going to the grocery store, etc.) when she gets older. You could just get the basket accessory with the Happy and she would basically be able to do the same thing. I think a basket is a bit more feminine and I wanted to be able to pass the trike down to a "possible" brother, so I went with the dump bucket.