PDA

View Full Version : Kettler seatbelt/footrests/seats

casey118
03-18-2004, 03:28 AM
In anticipation of the next Kettler co-op, I have a question about seats and accessories. I've searched past posts but haven't quite found an answer to these questions.

For those of you who have a Kettler....

with a seatbelt- at what age is it necessary (if ever) and would you get it again?

with the footrests- same questions. I'll admit, I don't really get the footrest concept. Is it better to have footrests if the kid can't touch the pedals?

Jumbo seat (bench) v. Happy seat (contoured)- is anyone unhappy with the type of seat they have? My guy is pretty small, and some old posts said a Happy seat is better for little guys, and other posts said the opposite!

Thanks for your wisdom!

Kimberly

NEVE and TRISTAN
03-18-2004, 10:08 AM
The only one I can answer is the footrest...I went a week without them and thought "I don't need them"
Now that we have them I am so glad that we have them!!!!!!
They enable Tristan to prop his feet on a flat service!!!!
...and they are cheap...
Neve
http://home.nc.rr.com/ourbabytristan
AKA "mama2be"-forgot password
and Baby Boy Tristan born @UNC
Feb 25, 2003
Brother to 3 pups "gees" and 2 kitties

mattysmom
03-18-2004, 11:28 AM
We have the seatbelt and the footrest and we gave the trike to DS for his 1st birthday last month. We really like the seatbelt - he's so squirmy that it feels good to know that he can't fall out.

And we like the footrest too - instead of having dangling feet, he can put them somewhere and be relaxed. However, ds recently decided it would be fun to stand facing the trike, hold onto the handlebar (we got the padding which we also like since he chews on everything) and stand on the footrest. Not the safest activity!

DS is 13 months and average sized and we have the Jumbo and it fits him great. We thought he'd look really small on the trike, but he's a perfect fit!

vpalmer
03-18-2004, 01:15 PM
Thanks for the info. This helps me as well.

Veronica
Mom to Eva
Born on 6-12-03

votre_ami03
03-18-2004, 02:17 PM
Thanks Veronica for asking. I was wondering about the first two myself, I thought those were two "extras" that would be practical.

Christy, mommy to Nolan 7/22/03

vikivoly
03-18-2004, 06:50 PM
We have the seatbelt for my 15 month old. I'm really glad I bought it although she is able to hold on to the handlebars and is pretty stable on the trike without it. We've only used it indoors, I know I'll feel much better with the belt when we go outside.

We also have the footrest. I think we could survive without it, but she does rest her feet on it and I'm not sure she would be able to touch the pedals without it. I would probably buy it again, just because it's not that expensive. If I had an older child I would skip it though.

We have the Jumbo and we have no issues with it. DD is 30" and 22 lbs.

heidi_timms
03-18-2004, 07:03 PM
Thanks for asking these questions. I was also wondering...

~Heidi
Mom to Kailey Ashlin
4/27/03

NEVE and TRISTAN
03-19-2004, 08:31 PM
We just took a good 3 mile walk with the Kettler, and I gotta say that I think the seatbelt for us is a must...and I also think the foot rest is a must at this age. I think both are like $16 each so 1/3rd off makes them 12. I jsut really think I couldn't relax if Tristan was not belted in. and to see his little foot rest on the footrest brings me comfort in that he looks comfie...

I would do without the air, basket, padding before either of these. Sorry I am jsut now realizing how opinionated I am about it after a hilly walk...
Neve
http://home.nc.rr.com/ourbabytristan
AKA "mama2be"-forgot password
and Baby Boy Tristan born @UNC
Feb 25, 2003
Brother to 3 pups "gees" and 2 kitties