PDA

View Full Version : Does your child ride his/her Kettler indoors? If so, what about your carpet?

justlearning
03-18-2004, 07:49 PM
I've been reading the posts on the new Kettler co-op and am thinking about getting one (thanks, Neve, so much for doing all this work to help those of us who didn't get one on the last time!).

I've read that many of you seem to use your Kettlers indoors as well as outdoors, and I was just wondering if that messes up your carpet. We just bought a brand new house (with a finished basement too so it's also carpeted) and I can't bear the thought of destroying our carpet, so I'm thinking that I'd only let DS ride the trike outside. I'd like for him to get the maximum use out of the trike, though, so I'd consider letting him ride it indoors if you all say that you're able to clean the wheels well enough to not make marks on the carpet and if the tires don't wear down the carpet. Do you have any feedback on this?

Oh...I just thought of something else that DS could destroy if he used the trike indoors--all of our furniture!! Have you had any problems with your son/daughter ramming into your furniture with their trike?

TIA for any input.

NEVE and TRISTAN
03-18-2004, 08:40 PM
We have hard woods, Berber and tile...
It has not done anything to our floors, BUT the paint on the stroller bar hit my wall and it did leave a blue streak!!!!
Neve
http://home.nc.rr.com/ourbabytristan
AKA "mama2be"-forgot password
and Baby Boy Tristan born @UNC
Feb 25, 2003
Brother to 3 pups "gees" and 2 kitties

pamela mom of 3
03-19-2004, 12:10 PM
Ours has not actually hit outside yet as spring has yet to come x(

My kids haved used it in the kitchen since it's a vinyl floor and throughout the long hall, we have a bungalow...living room no i have tried to keep them out of, but honestly alot of our furniture got put away a long time ago..three kids running around just made it more crowded.

On the bike coming in after it's been out.hmmm probably will let it come back in when winter comes again but i don't think it'll need to be indoors once the weather is decent kwim?

I have wheel wiped things tho over the years, ds is really big on taking his dump trucks out/in.

:)

~Pamela Mom Of 3

http://instagiber.net/smiliesdotcom/kao/otn/blobflower.gif

vikivoly
03-19-2004, 04:17 PM
I know what your feeling. We built our house and moved into it last summer and it killed me to move my 75 lb dog in there! You do learn to let go a little once you get past those first few spills and marks.

We have the Air Jumbo (it has the rubber wheels) and DH is worried that it will mark up the carpet. I noticed rubber marks on our vinyl flooring once. I'm assuming it was from the trike, but I'm not sure. We've only used it indoors and once Spring arrives it will be used exclusively outside or in the garage/basement. I'll probably bring it in for the winter again, but I'll make sure the wheels are cleaned. I haven't noticed any problems with the carpet being crushed and our carpeting isn't the greatest quality.

She isn't old enough to ride the trike by herself, so no problem with ramming furniture yet.