PDA

View Full Version : Need kettler advice...

jec2
03-20-2004, 09:17 PM
DS is too young for a trike now, but I have a couple of questions:

1) Do you think it is worth it to buy him one now for Christmas? He will be 14 months old at xmas-time.

2) Does the shipping to the W. Coast (Cali.) erase most of the discount? That is, would it be cheaper for me to buy the trike locally?

3) Why is the Kettler better than the Radio Flyer? i've seen some of say that the Radio flyers don't get good reviews, help me understand why. DH kind of wants a Radio Flyer so I want to make sure that we know why the Kettler is better...I can't seem to find any good reviews on-line.

NEVE and TRISTAN
03-20-2004, 10:20 PM
1. Debbie would probably allow a co-op at christmas we can check with her...
2. you'd have to do the math on that with the info provided no one can make that decision for you ...or atleast I can't...jsut add up what you want and factor in her quotes and go from there
3. I don't know I have never compared them BUT they have been compared often here on the BBB, I'd do a search...
Neve
http://home.nc.rr.com/ourbabytristan
AKA "mama2be"-forgot password
and Baby Boy Tristan born @UNC
Feb 25, 2003
Brother to 3 pups "gees" and 2 kitties

DDowning
03-21-2004, 12:19 AM
Juliet - I'm on the West Coast too and I think the co-op is a better deal than locally. That of course applies if you're going for the more expensive trikes like the Happy or Jumbo. If you're interested in the $100 and less range, the discount doesn't seem to make it worth it and you'd be better off getting it locally. For example, the Junior at $70 would only wind up saving you about $4 after shipment. I'm interested in the Jumbo Air and assorted accessories - I did the quick math and based on reading old posts as to what I think I understand the shipping to be it works out to something like this:
(I'm rounding up to make the math easier)

Jumbo Air - $180
Stroller Bar - $55
Seat Belt - $16
Metal Bell - $6
Bar Pad - $10
Foote Rest - $18
--------
Total Pre-Discount - $285
35% discount: $100 (rounded up)
-----
Net Total - $185
Shipping - $27 ($21 plus $6 for the stroller bar)
----
Grand Total - $212
*Savings - $73*

If you wanted just the Air Jumbo, the savings after shipping still comes out to approx. $50 off.

Hopefully I did the math right (if I didn't or missed additional shipping, please someone correct me!!!!) but even if you bought from another site that offered free shipping, you're likely still paying more. Also, if you bought locally, you'll need to pay sales tax.

HTH!

jec2
03-21-2004, 01:53 AM
Good! I'm no mathamatician, but that is roughly what i got too in my calculations. Good, then it is worth it to buy it and have it shipped here. Now, I have to figure out if I should buy one now or risk waiting and see if there is a co-op closer to xmas. I just don't know if I've got room to store this thing in my postage-stamp sized apt.

jec2
03-21-2004, 01:58 AM
Thanks Neve,
um right, math...I suck at it:) But, I think it is worth it, I just wasn't sure on what shipping had been to Cali. If Debbie would do another co-op in the fall that would be awesome, but I don't want to risk missing this one either. From reading the reviews here on the RF it seems like they just break. If that is why they aren't as good then Kettler it definately is. But if it is just the bells and whistles that kettler has then I have to give pause and at least consider something else.

jubilee
03-21-2004, 06:18 AM
I'd probably be interested in a Christmas co-op. I can't see getting one now since he wouldn't get any use from it this summer- I think my son is not mature enough to enjoy it. But Christmas or maybe even next spring...

NEVE and TRISTAN
03-21-2004, 11:29 AM
My sales tax on mine was $14, so that is something to think about to since you won't have that UNLESS you live in NC...it doesn't ofset shipping in total but does some...
Neve
http://home.nc.rr.com/ourbabytristan
AKA "mama2be"-forgot password
and Baby Boy Tristan born @UNC
Feb 25, 2003
Brother to 3 pups "gees" and 2 kitties